MIG 31 BS / BSM

My finished MIG-31.

The AMK kit is actually a nice kit.

Well designed.

In some points, here we have to notice a culmination of flaws in the instruction.

This could easily be solved. Main points of critics:

·        The nose gear strut. To make the insert with the lower part, is not shown.

·        The order of assembling is sometimes impossible.

·        Inverted placing of parts is possible, not marked to care for. Or an idiot pin with hole could help easily!

·        In the design process of injection moulded parts less care was used to prevent ejection marks on highly visible areas.

·        When rectangle pins are used on small parts, most do not fit at all. No matter, which part.

The use of Bregnun stencils is a challenge.

Some numbers are not there in right amount or some are due to typing error hardly to identify.

Panel lines on the instruction do not match with AMK in most areas.

This kit is a challenge.

I stumbled into two of the pitfalls listed myself.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Happy modelling

• Like 23

Very nice model and as you say and despite what some reviewers were saying at the time, this kit isn't the 'add glue and just shake the box' kit it was claimed to be and rather, it needs care in quite a few areas to get the best results.

Gary

You've made a wonderful version of a fairly problematic kit there, my friend! I love the subtle weathering, particularly the "rust stains" down the sides of the air-intakes.

Thanks for sharing with us. 

Chris.  

You did a wonderful job on her!  This is in my stash and I need to move it up a couple slots.  Then I could load my old Lindberg one with fire crackers and let it sail into the sunset (or about 5 feet into the fire pit). 

Yours is inspirational, very nice looking.