Inappropriate Company or product names

treker_ed

Anyone remember when Susan Boyle released her album, they used the hashtag on facebook #susanalbumparty. I rather imagine a few people tuned into that album party and were slightly disappointed. 

• Haha 15

On 25/07/2021 at 10:09, Pete F said:

Village names are fantastic in this part of the world. Just down the road you drive though Fangfoss, immediately afterwards Spittal and then Yapham. I think the Vikings had a way with words.

The Vikings must have taken a wrong turn and gone overland to Austria, because the nearest town to my wife's relatives is also called Spittal!

Also, @Shorty84, there was and may still be a PA manufacturer called A.S.S,  John Entwistle used their bass cabinets.

Edited by Whofan
  • Like 2

On 13/07/2021 at 20:53, Black Knight said:

Not really a general inappropriate name, but. . . . .

There used to be a mobile phone comms company called 'Orange' and they advertised in N.I. on big posters - 'The future is Orange'

A rather controversial outlook for N.I.

Its mainly political so I cannot go into more detail

Lets say 'Orange' is the colour of British Unionists and Green is for Nationalists here

I wonder how many Irish Republicans vote for the Green Party?

No need to answer - it's a rhetorical question.

I don't know if this counts as an inapropiate name, but the capital city of one Argentine province is called Venado Tuerto (One-Eyed Deer)

Cheers, Moggy (loves geography)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Moggy said:

I don't know if this counts as an inapropiate name, but the capital city of one Argentine province is called Venado Tuerto (One-Eyed Deer)

Cheers, Moggy (loves geography)

I wasn't aware of that in fact I'd got no..

:coat:, Gone

I one knew a Quality Manager by the name of Gordon Bennett

• Haha 3

When I was in Israel a LOOONG time ago a charter bus company named Zona was bought by an american man with (apparently) no knowledge of Hebrew...

He wanted his bus business to be called "Son of Zona" to mantain connection with the original brand.

He had one bus painted (in Hebrew) "Son of Zona"; the hebrew colloquial derogative term for "son of a woman of easy virtue" to put it politely.

Cheers, Moggy

• Haha 2

When I was in the RAF, I knew a guy with the surname Eyles, unfortunately his 1st name was Paul,

knew another guy, his name was Wayne King 😈😈

Edited by RAF4EVER
Spelling
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

When our neighbours moved in a few years back they were having new carpets fitted.

The van parked outside bore the livery 'Lino Richie - is it me you're looking floor?'

Made me chuckle...

SD

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

3 hours ago, SafetyDad said:

When our neighbours moved in a few years back they were having new carpets fitted.

The van parked outside bore the livery 'Lino Ritchie - is it me you're looking floor?'

Made me chuckle...

SD

There's a painter and decorator in the Bridgwater, Somerset, area - Matt White :D

Cheers,

Mark

• Haha 7

On 26/07/2021 at 07:57, Nigel Bunker said:

Unfortunate car names:

Audi’ e-tron in French, étron means t-rd

Suzuki LaPuta in Spanish or Portugese la puta is a derogatory term for a prostitute

Mitsubishi Pajero In Spain, its name translates as 'w-nker', so it’s called the Montero there

Ford Pinto in South American Spanish slang, pinto means tiny penis

Nissan Moco in Spanish mocomeans mucus

Chevrolet Nova in Spanish, the words No va translate to It doesn't go

Toyota Isis aimed at the Middle Eastern market?

I always think Renault need to be more careful when they name their cars - to my way of thinking, Kadjar sounds like "catarrh", while Koleos sounds distinctively bowel-like :D

Cheers,

Mark

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, RAF4EVER said:

When I was in the RAF, I knew a guy with the surname Eyles, unfortunately his 1st name was Paul,

knew another guy, his name was Wayne King 😈😈

My dad work with a guy, last name Bates....they called him Master Bates. Also at my sports club we have a bloke with the last name Kerr....yep "Wayne" Kerr is his nickname.

• Haha 2

Quite a few years ago (20+) I spent three months working in Hong Kong.

There was a chain of stores on the island and in the New Territories selling electrical goods, named Euronics.

Always thought it sounded like it should be the medical term for bladder studies.

Cheers,

Mark

• Haha 1

On the subject of place names, on my way to the office I pass through Holmfirth (where Last of the Summer Wine is/was filmed). I can't help but smirk at the road sign to Upperthong. Fnaar, snurf!

Cheers,

Mark

• Haha 4

There's was a Chinese takeaway in Galway City called 'Nut House' . They eventually changed it to 'Nut Hot'. I imagine business improved after that. 

The Sikorsky S76  was originally 'Spirit' as in 'Spirit of' 76'. But in Latin America that could mean ghost. They dropped the name. 

• Haha 3