Inappropriate Company or product names

treker_ed

In the area we live, we have a community Facebook page and companies are allowed to advertise themselves and tout for business to the community.

We have everything from dog walkers and groomers to babysitting services, to local pubs and electricians. I've just noticed one of the local gas and plumbing companies has advertised today and is called.......

"SS GAS heating & plumbing"..........

I wonder if the owner has any knowledge of history to realise just how wrong the name of his company is, Worst is, the SS Gas, is in caps on the side of his van!

Anyone else any examples of inappropriately named companies where they live or seen in general?

(should have originally said please try to keep it light hearted and safe(ish) for all to read...:thanks:)

Edited by treker_ed
Clarification
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Not innapropriate company names but i once saw a jar of some sauce or another in Morrison's called..... 'Shitto' along with 'Cock Flavour Soup' 🤣

Regards,

Steve

• Haha 8

@phat trev Believe it or not(to quote a famous man) I have heard of that town, but, it was spelled "Uggley" or "Uggly" with two "gg"s, not certain about the "e" in the name. It is an Old English name; I believe. They may have changed the spelling since then. Oh, and the women's group and name were mentioned as well.

Joe

41 minutes ago, phat trev said:

A village not far from me is called Ugly, the local Women’s Institute is therefore named, Ugly Women’s Institute. 

Near us is a town called Idle

The Idle Working Men's Club is famous and has a long wait for membership!

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

I actually saw an Estate Agent in Devon once, and it was something along the lines of "Ripoff & Leggitt" like you often see.  There's probably a photo in the family album somewhere :photo:

1 minute ago, Vince1159 said:

I've heard of a cemetery called Little Hope.....

That seems reasonable ;)

• Like 1

Back in the early 1980’s Australian Entrepreneur and Explorer Dick Smith established his large range of electronic stores. Now I vividly recall how my sisters and I would always giggle whenever we saw one of these trucks drive past. I’ll let the photo below tell the rest of the story! 

51310225484_599732dab8_b.jpg

Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 1
  • Haha 12

Not really a general inappropriate name, but. . . . .

There used to be a mobile phone comms company called 'Orange' and they advertised in N.I. on big posters - 'The future is Orange'

A rather controversial outlook for N.I.

Its mainly political so I cannot go into more detail

Lets say 'Orange' is the colour of British Unionists and Green is for Nationalists here

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Black Knight said:

Not really a general inappropriate name, but. . . . .

There used to be a mobile phone comms company called 'Orange' and they advertised in N.I. on big posters - 'The future is Orange'

A rather controversial outlook for N.I.

Its mainly political so I cannot go into more detail

Lets say 'Orange' is the colour of British Unionists and Green is for Nationalists here

Chinese owned - they morphed into '3'

All part of the Li Ka-shing empire.

13 minutes ago, bentwaters81tfw said:

Chinese owned - they morphed into '3'

All part of the Li Ka-shing empire.

Orange merged with T-Mobile to form EE, 3 are a separate and unrelated company.

7 minutes ago, -Ian- said:

Orange merged with T-Mobile to form EE, 3 are a separate and unrelated company.

L K-s sold Orange and formed 3. Equally rubbish. All our works phones used the networks to keep them in house. Never could get a signal.

There is an engine starting spray in Australia/New Zealand called "Start Ya Ba**ard"

https://www.nulon.com.au/products/aerosols/start-ya-ba**ard-instant-engine-starter

You will need to insert your own letters into the web link.... When I post this it turns the "b" word into "sweetheart" :doh:

Edited by Jo NZ
PC autocorrection
  • Like 1
  • Haha 10

There used to be  a firm near me called 

24 hour erection ltd.

(Scaffolders)

And here in Kidderminster we have the (world ??) famous estate agents, 

Doolittle and Dalley.

• Haha 7