Lynx HAS.8 - drawings/schematics?

bootneck

I would like to convert a Fujimi 1:144 scale Lynx HAS.2 to an HAS.8 version and am looking for plans/schematics that show the fuselage frames (cross sections) in order to get the shape right.  Can anyone help please?

cheers,
Mike

• 1 month later...
On 13/07/2021 at 15:17, bootneck said:

I would like to convert a Fujimi 1:144 scale Lynx HAS.2 to an HAS.8 version and am looking for plans/schematics that show the fuselage frames (cross sections) in order to get the shape right.  Can anyone help please?

cheers,
Mike

That’s a lot of work you want to take on.

Externally these are a few areas that spring to mind

All fwd of windscreen

Main rotor head and blades

Main rotor gearbox sliding fairing, engine bay doors and oil cooler panel

Main UC pylons

Tail pylon, stabiliser, TR hub and blades, TR gearbox fairing

Fwd flotation bags

Tail cone with policeman’s hat

Hi Tony,

yes, I understand that and know of the differences as they often do landings at the Helicopter Museum, where I am a volunteer.   It is much a case of finding the dimensions and plans of those items which you quote that I need.

cheers,
Mike

On 29/08/2021 at 11:02, bootneck said:

Hi Tony,

yes, I understand that and know of the differences as they often do landings at the Helicopter Museum, where I am a volunteer.   It is much a case of finding the dimensions and plans of those items which you quote that I need.

cheers,
Mike

It’s a pity I have now retired I was a technical author involved in producing Lynx and Wildcat aircraft maintanance manuals for Westlands

Mike, is it "just" the basic airframe you are looking for or the 8 specifics? If the former, there was a detailed article covering the Mk 88 in some issue of Modell Fan (May 83??), with drawings, but I think no sections. IIRC the drawings were posted her not longer than a year ago - not sure but perhaps by André @Hook? I have the issue but it may/will take some looking.