Tamiya 1/35 Nashorn. And paint technique testing on Panther Ausf. A.

1 hour ago, Stef N. said:

I think that camo painting is spot on Lee. The colours and the fading are perfectly done. A bit of weathering and detailing will finish it off brilliantly.👏👏

Seconded - superb result

Stay safe           Roger

• Thanks 1

The panther looks very good, in my opinion, very successful camo colors. 👍

But you promised us Nashorn, are you deliberately teasing us now? Do you want us to cry? Give us not only Panther but also Nashorn, we have the right to see him!

Or maybe,  you have lost him (for example, accidentally fell out of your pocket or forgot him in the cafe), and now you're afraid to confess it? :rofl:

Vytautas

Edited by vytautas
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, vytautas said:

The panther looks very good, in my opinion, very successful camo colors. 👍

But you promised us Nashorn, are you deliberately teasing us now? Do you want us to cry? Give us not only Panther but also Nashorn, we have the right to see him!

Or maybe,  you have lost him (for example, accidentally fell out of your pocket or forgot him in the cafe), and now you're afraid to confess it? :rofl:

Vytautas

He's slipped a Panther in there hoping we won't notice... Sir, the dog eat me Nashorn...

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, Pig of the Week said:

When you said oil filter, i thought for one horrible moment you'd been servicing the car and..well you know..

Always willing to try new stuff !! 🤣

• Haha 1

Well I think it looks very pretty!

That said I think perhaps a little focus is required....

At a quick guess how many gave you got on the go....its at least 6 by my reckoning! :frantic:

Nice work, the chipped zimm looks great!

• Haha 1

• Longbow changed the title to Tamiya 1/35 Nashorn. And paint technique testing on Panther Ausf. A.

Looks really good, but I noticed that chipping, when dark scratches are drawn on light ones, gives the optical impression of too high relief - especially since it is often perceived not as a depression, but a bulge.

It seems to me that the image is more realistic when the light and dark scratches do not match, or the long scratch starts with a light color and ends with a dark color.

But all this is nonsense. And now for the really important things:

I see that you have changed the name of the topic. The word "Panther" appeared in it. Soon the name will change again, and the word "Nashorn" will no longer be in it? Now it becomes obvious that the older boys took away Nashorn from you. It’s your own fault, you’re old enough to know that you cannot play with such things in the yard. :rofl:

Vytautas

Edited by vytautas
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, vytautas said:

Looks really good, but I noticed that chipping, when dark scratches are drawn on light ones, gives the optical impression of too high relief - especially since it is often perceived not as a depression, but a bulge.

It seems to me that the image is more realistic when the light and dark scratches do not match, or the long scratch starts with a light color and ends with a dark color.

But all this is nonsense. And now for the really important things:

I see that you have changed the name of the topic. The word "Panther" appeared in it. Soon the name will change again, and the word "Nashorn" will no longer be in it? Now it becomes obvious that the older boys took away Nashorn from you. It’s your own fault, you’re old enough to know that you cannot play with such things in the yard. :rofl:

Vytautas

Alas.... Poor Vytautas.... He was a friend...... :D

See.... That's Shakespeare !! ;)

Good point on the chipping, and I have to say that that is something I'll look into. Especially the scratches.

I was having issues with getting them to paint fine enough. Which is all due to my lack of talent.

As for the Nashorn, it is still close by :D

I didn't want to spend time struggling with the airbrushes again, and having another disaster. I needed something to build my confidence back up, after a couple of train wrecks. 

• Like 1

While at work, I've been browsing some of these fantastic interior detailed builds, by the talented folks on here. 

I'm not a very "Interior" type person, and I'm too impatient, and want to get to the painting parts.

But anyway.... I went and ordered the Takom early Jagdpanther, as I've not built a Jagdpanter before, and it comes with a full interior and Zimmerit in the MIAG pattern.

It should be here early next week, and Andy's Hobby Headquarters are little slow in the shipping department, unfortunately.

Pretty sure I'll have this one complete, and back on the Nashorn build by then. 

Edited by Longbow
  • Like 2