2 Simple Questions About Klear And Canopies

Weedlesketch

Afternoon @Weedlesketch,

quick answer, no. Reason, it contains wax, the original Klear didn't. There is another product within the SC Johnson range that is closer, or the product from 'Lakeland' called shine, which has had favorable reviews, apart from it's price! Still cheaper than you can get original Klear for...........

HTH

Paul

I love the spelling mistake on that bottle. :doh: "Formally known a Klear".  They probably meant "Formerly known as Klear", unless Klear is just its Sunday name? :shrug:

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

The one you want is called "Revive It floor gloss"

I have never seen a bottle looking like the one posted by the OP, nor is there anything like it on the SC Johnson website. Given the brilliant typo, could it be people are actually producing fake versions of Klear? I find it hard to believe that a multi-national company of this size would let such a typo slip through what must be multiple layers of marketing people.

Cheers

Colin

• Haha 1

Good spot... I'm surprised that one got past the natural pedant in me!

It was along shot as that was at the bacl of the cleanign cupboard from god knows when.

The one you want is called "Revive It floor gloss"

Is this the stuff then....

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000ARPH4C/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A3PUQE804C0UF4&psc=1

I guess the "Frequently Bought Together" products give it away!

Edited by Weedlesketch

15 minutes ago, Weedlesketch said:

...and then he does this!

15 minutes ago, Weedlesketch said:

It was along shot as that was at the bacl of the cleanign cupboard from god knows when.

The pendant in me is swinging freely, smirking slightly ;)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just a note, there is Looks Like Glass. I brush it on after the frames are painted. Sometimes also after the canopy is attached.

I don't dip canopies in this stuff as it doesn't like being coated with Mr Color paints. No info on interactions with other paints or formulations.

22 minutes ago, dnl42 said:

Just a note, there is Looks Like Glass. I brush it on after the frames are painted. Sometimes also after the canopy is attached.

I don't dip canopies in this stuff as it doesn't like being coated with Mr Color paints. No info on interactions with other paints or formulations.

Are you refering to Looks lIke Glass or Klear not liking Mr Color ?

6 hours ago, Weedlesketch said:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000ARPH4C/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A3PUQE804C0UF4&psc=1

Yup, that's the one. I use the procedure you suggest, and have had no problems with enamel or Tamiya/Mr Hobby acrylics. Not tried lacquers.

Cheers.

Colin

• Thanks 1

On 7/13/2021 at 10:52 AM, Weedlesketch said:

Yes… used on acrylics, enamels, and lacquers for over 20 years.  Both before and after paint. Never had an issue yet. 

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Thanks 1