Le Beast! 1/48 Curtiss SB2C-5 Helldiver Aeronautique Navale

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Craig. I hope you and yours are keeping well. Hope you are doing a bit better now?

Great to see this project finished and what an awesome finish it is. It looks absolutely superb!! I really am very impressed with your weathering finish. Great job!! :worthy:

Did you manage to get to the Victory Show this year? I ended up going on the Saturday afternoon. I took almost 400 photos!! - aircraft, flying display and close ups of a variety of the tanks and other vehicles. Also got some videos too. I was a bit disappointed there was no decent model kit outlets....usually got something from each show in the past. I really do hope that wasn't the last Show. They didn't seem to make much of it being the last one on the website or on the Saturday.

Take care.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, PlaStix said:

Hi Craig. I hope you and yours are keeping well. Hope you are doing a bit better now?

Great to see this project finished and what an awesome finish it is. It looks absolutely superb!! I really am very impressed with your weathering finish. Great job!! :worthy:

Did you manage to get to the Victory Show this year? I ended up going on the Saturday afternoon. I took almost 400 photos!! - aircraft, flying display and close ups of a variety of the tanks and other vehicles. Also got some videos too. I was a bit disappointed there was no decent model kit outlets....usually got something from each show in the past. I really do hope that wasn't the last Show. They didn't seem to make much of it being the last one on the website or on the Saturday.

Take care.

Kind regards,

Stix

Hi Stix and thank you for your very kind words.

I am slightly better than I was but nowhere near where I want to be, I still get exhausted after doing a 20 minute dog walk or helping in the garden.

Saying that I did get to the Victory show, like you I went on the Saturday late morning but couldn't walk around everything. I went down the traders aisle once and was also disappointed with what was on offer, I actually didn't buy anything! After that I went to the flight line and just sat there for the rest of the day, I really enjoyed the flying especially the Catalina. I really hope that it wasn't the last one and agree that there  was absolutely no mention of the fact that it might be, I think the huge crowds might have helped them change their minds.

All my best.

Craig.

• 2 months later...

Hi Craig,

You're really developing some excellent technique at removing top coats to reveal what is underneath. Excellent. I like it a lot.

Ray

• Thanks 1