Need assistance spraying Vallejo acrylic varnish 27.650

Walter

Before posting this help post I had a read through older threads with people using Vallejo Polyurethane Gloss Varnish, however, it seems that many people use it with great success.

I'm using an Iwata 0.35 needle and I'm still struggling to work out the best way to use this varnish.  My last attempt was heavily thinned with water/alcohol about 60% thinners this seemed to flow well but at a pretty high air pressure. What are your tips for getting this to spray nicely, how much thinner, what thinner and what air pressure? Also are you applying a very wet coat? Thanks in advance.

Current subject being sprayed gloss is a bare metal finish aircraft 🙄.

I use the polyurethane varnishes and really like them over the acrylic resin line they also produce.  I thin it ~ 50% and spray in light coats separated by at least 4 hours at about 15psi with a 0.25 needle.  I also keep a brush moistened with airbrush cleaner nearby to mitigate tip dry.  Albornoz Pablo has a great tutorial on its use on Vallejo’s YouTube channel.  You can find it here: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zFS-jTba9vQ

Hope it helps!