Morane Saulnier MS.475 Vanneau V 1/72 - a non-runner for now :(

RidgeRunner

Hi all, 

Having realised overnight that this wouldn't get built for a fair while without encouragement I've decided to throw my Vanneau V in to the pot. I give fair warning that it will be a slow build, then aren't all of mine! ;). 

The kit is from the French producer Dujinn and I acquired it and another two Vanneaux last year upon buying and "reading" the two volumes of Alain Crosnier's "Le Armee de l'Air en Afrique du Nord 1940-1967". These are fantastic reference books for anyone who is even vaguely interested in aircraft, French aircraft, and the French Magreb.  Within I found many photos of these MS aircraft as well as many other beauties. This prompted my purchases as well as a resin SIPA S.211 from Omega Models in Germany. As a taster these machines look like this:

van4

Credit: French Wings (Public Domain)

In North Africa they were used for counter-insurgency, hence the rocket rails. Another appealling feature for me was the dirt! They got very mucky! Despite having issues with the Hispano engine it seems they were successful and liked by the pilots.

The kit is this:

van1

while closer inspection reveals a nice PE set (not my thing but hey ho!) but a lot of cleaning up needed!

van2

van3

As far as I know it is the only Vanneau V available in 1/72 and so I have no choice but to get tidying! I wont be making a start just yet, though, as I need to get a few other things finished and set aside. :)

Martin

• Like 12

8 minutes ago, Terry1954 said:

Unusual but very interesting choice Martin. It reminds me (very slightly) of a tandem seat Mustang!

Looking forward to this one.

Terry

Yes, Terry and, in fact, it is referred to as such in Alain Crosnier’s book ;)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RidgeRunner said:

Yes, Terry and, in fact, it is referred to as such in Alain Crosnier’s book ;)

Spooky! I really like the look of it. I'm actually interested in getting hold of some other Dujin models. I checked Omega Models website here https://omega-models.com/ but they only seem to sell their own brand? Any ideas where else might sell Dujin?

Terry

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Martin

Great to see something a bit different in the GB, so this is right up my street.

Are you sure that photo isn't a entry from the Paris - Dakar rally ?

Best of luck with this one.

Cheers Pat

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi all, 

I think I have to declare this as a non-runner :(. I will, however, get to her at some point and will post a WIP. Meanwhile I have to get the Mirage across the line :)

Martin

• RidgeRunner changed the title to Morane Saulnier MS.475 Vanneau V 1/72 - a non-runner for now :(