**Warning - Rumour** Halford's Appliance White spray paint

Black Knight

A couple of weeks ago I picked up, from somewhere, a rumour that Halford was discontinuing their Appliance White spray paint

Last week I called into my local Halfords and one helpful chap found a single can in one of the stock drawers. Another chap went off to check stock elsewhere. He came back to say that they had no more stock and seemingly they could not order any in.

So the rumour may be correct

• Thanks 1

This was brought up several months back. I bought up the last cans my local Halfords had. Since then, the have had stock every time I have been in, and it hasn't been renamed as suggested.

I have also had probs with getting their Aluminium, but they had some the last two times I have been in.

Old wives tales and supply chain issues maybe.

• Like 1

Ford Frozen White is a White White, if that makes any sense.

BMW Alpine White is also pretty pure.

For a V-Bomber Transit Standard Ford Diamond White is too cream & will not do.

The paint is made in the UK however some of the ingredients may well be imported. Other posters are right about international transport though and Brexit hasn't helped either.

I'm told that Halfords have moved their order system to only allowing branches to order in-stock items, one reason given was poorly trained staff ordering obsolete items, several small orders from the same store clogging the system, and the Internet sales can't have helped. There has been a shortage of knifing putty recently too.

Remember when we used to joke about shop queues in the USSR...

• Haha 2