64 1/2 Mustang Convertible.

Stef N.

Thank you.👍 I'm getting there slowly but surely with about four different sub assemblies either waiting for a top coat or some extra touches. Still not entirely happy with the interior colour but I will paint the main body and see where that leads.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Stef N. said:

Thank you.👍 I'm getting there slowly but surely with about four different sub assemblies either waiting for a top coat or some extra touches. Still not entirely happy with the interior colour but I will paint the main body and see where that leads.

Been through that on several builds. I didn't know what color I or what scheme I was going to paint my Demon II '41 Willys in until it came time to actually do it. Like most things....at least with me....it all seems to work out. Looking forward to your efforts.

• Thanks 1

As mentioned most of the sub assemblies have been painted/part painted. Shell given a good coat and now left to dry for a few days. Needs a light sand to get rid of a few imperfections but mostly fine.

p?i=9151fa56ceb029e1771ffa52e5a7f41d

p?i=35d62a0c65a9773d337e40ddf1013f02

p?i=4e947628c26edf9b2bbe7c91fb78807a

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...

Just under a month to finish this, which God willing, should be enough as I am down to the finer detailing segments. Tried the watered down wash technique on the dials that Spiny used to brilliant effect and it works very well.👍 A steady hand will be needed as some of the moulded details aren't brilliant so some very fine lines will need to be hand painted.😲 Wheel decals went down really well and a coat of satin applied to join it all together. Will post some photos this evening after a bit more work.

• Like 2

It's a top tip. I would have done the usual dry brushing which I doubt would have given the same effect.👍

Anyway here's a few photos. A few bits need a bit of touching up with paint and pin washes but overall happy with what is going on. The two different blues work much better now they are all together. Got worried that I may have to repaint again.

On the home straight now with only one, hard part left really, the chrome windscreen surround. (A few smaller ones too but the shouldn't be a problem, touch wood.)

p?i=45ca4fb4b9ed4630bdbe0e24555af6cf

p?i=c68b79f18c67bac184193dcef888c279

p?i=9aae689858dcf05c8ec8fc1c9c757c7c

p?i=f7a74b356b549c4a02acf3facebaee5a

p?i=b0fd649f1418972fc755cd11d4a31581

p?i=dc46a9e030ab15dbfe828d16f7963beb

Cheers all. Thanks for looking.👍

• Like 9

Nearly there. Had a bit of a mare fitting the chassis to the shell, knocking bits off and ending with a small scratch on a wheel arch a result. No biggie luckily but a few swears did occur. It says not to glue the two wheel hub halves so the wheels can move but after them falling off numerous times I don't have an option. A few swears did occur again.😀

Other than that it is just the chrome work to put on and a few touch ups necessary. Hopefully I'll have a free weekend to finish this off.

p?i=51f57a5d6e06bbc357af754dea5e9543

p?i=74385cdbb9e0c6b51dbd5c93496a21ea

p?i=00b7f7d6c790ed23a1ef00e6911b51e9

p?i=dc5b2fc01ebe30785aebf523021d9c33

Happy weekend all.👍

• Like 9

Pretty much finished now. Had most of the weekend to get this done and barring a fiasco with the front grill (Mr Hobby Chrome hates Revell Aqua thinner surprisingly), everything went reasonably well.

Going to have to tweak the front bumper as it doesn't sit right at all and the front indicators need adjusting too.

If I did it again I would get some better wheels. The kit ones are a bit ugly and a decent detail set for some of the interior. Oh and paint the whole of the tub.😳

p?i=77d4f3f3d166bebfb0554f63a0c7f63f

p?i=4ad174f063026efcb264c7e24d41b092

• Like 7

A beautifully finished model.

I don't think too many of these get finished with the original hubcaps, so yours looks all the more distinctive for using them. The careful detailing makes them a bit special as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanking you. Must admit that I have really enjoyed this build. I fully understand why you guys are into car modelling, it's quite addictive. And with a few more in the stash I am now thinking which one to do. Flip of a coin.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Stef N. said:

Thanking you. Must admit that I have really enjoyed this build. I fully understand why you guys are into car modelling, it's quite addictive. And with a few more in the stash I am now thinking which one to do. Flip of a coin.

Variety is the spice of life Stef there's no rule saying you have to build only one particular subject 🙂👍. I enjoy the car's and the afv builds and sometime during the winter months I shall attempt my first ship build then there's a whole load of bike builds i have planned 😉👍

• Like 1

Well done on being the first to complete, and even more well done on such a good end result. I wouldn't worry too much about the wheels by the way, you've done them to a good standard and at least you've got it done as the original car had its wheels.

• Thanks 1