Finnair's DC-9-14 and MD-82 in 1/144

2 minutes ago, RCI said:

Hey Einar,

mate, i wish i had time to do that! sadly i have too many projects, so i can't promise anything. But if you do another DC9/MD8X in the future and it is plastic, i can help you out with the clear cockpit stuff.

Thanks mate👍

I'll keep that in mind. In fact, I have no airliner models with clear windshields or cockpit windows for that matter. It would be an interesting adventure to try and build one with clear parts.

Cheers,

Einar

• Like 1

Terve Einar,

what a lovely pair! Stunning work. I will always have a soft spot for Finnair's DC-9s and MD-80 series planes; they were real airplanes not "Nintendos". The short hop from from Turku to Helsinki just after midnight (after arriving from London; AY8905) with an empty plane was a "treat" to remember. Can you remember the Finnish nickname for the MD-82😉?

Cheers,

Antti

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Antti_K said:

Terve Einar,

what a lovely pair! Stunning work. I will always have a soft spot for Finnair's DC-9s and MD-80 series planes; they were real airplanes not "Nintendos". The short hop from from Turku to Helsinki just after midnight (after arriving from London; AY8905) with an empty plane was a "treat" to remember. Can you remember the Finnish nickname for the MD-82😉?

Cheers,

Antti

Terve Antti,

Thanks for the compliments. I really liked them, too. I remember the Finnish nickname for the baby DC-9 or "tumppiysi" (stub-niner). As to the MD-82 I haven't heard the Finnish nickname😮

Cheers

Einar

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Romeo Alpha Yankee said:

Einar, as everyone has already mentioned, you have build a lovely pair of Finnair jets! 🏆

I have a soft spot for them myself and plan to build a few to go with my A350.

Thank you! Good luck with your projects👍

Cheers,

Einar

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Einar said:

Terve Antti,

Thanks for the compliments. I really liked them, too. I remember the Finnish nickname for the baby DC-9 or "tumppiysi" (stub-niner). As to the MD-82 I haven't heard the Finnish nickname😮

Cheers

Einar

You are welcome Einar🙂

MD-82s were called Peräpuikko (but let's not translate that due to lack of space😉)

Cheers,

Antti

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Antti_K said:

You are welcome Einar🙂

MD-82s were called Peräpuikko (but let's not translate that due to lack of space😉)

Cheers,

Antti

Ok🤣🤣 Understood👍👍

Cheers,

Einar

• Haha 1