Venus wars ( Anime film )

One of my fave anime films from many moons ago was Venus Wars.. (Who remembers the Manga UK intro trailer)

I posted this some time ago. 

It is now being release by Wave in 1/20 scale. At a very reasonable price. 

https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10796354

I can now do that girlie squeal. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Pilgrim_UK said:

I can now do that girlie squeal. 

Draw the curtains first!

Neat Monobike. I've seen similar ones as Kreiger builds.

Hopefully you'll do a WIP?

• Like 1

Is that what that is?  I've seen it being taken as pre-orders on HLJ and thought it was a M.Ka kit of some description.

Unforunately, Manga UK are not more, the borg of the anime world Funimation have taken them over. :(

Kind regards,

Darren

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 13/07/2021 at 23:41, Electric Indigo said:

Apparently, Wave is considering a driver figure to round off the awesomeness of this release!.....

....interesting!

How good is your Japanese? Can you translate?? Google seems to be not very helpfull when it comes to asian languages..

And one more thing: Wave has some nice Kits in the pipeline. Personally i am very much looking forward to the new 1/24 Scale Tachicoma from Ghost in the Shell. A Re-Release of the 1/24 Scale Logicoma would make my day

• Like 2

I find Google Translate actually very helpful with Japanese & Chinese texts. And it's directly available in Twitter.

Since the kit is out, it's clear that the figure option has been dropped. Hopefully, some third party will jump in; the bike looks a bit empty without a driver.

Also, I have the new Tekkaman kit from Wave on pre-order, it should be out in a couple of days.

I have one winging it's way to me as we speak with something a little bit extra. Another favourite Anime.

EDIT: It would seem I won't be getting the order as my account has been suspended and order cancelled. I have payment problems it would seem.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I was considering it to add to my 1/20 Ma.K. stash, but it was too late for my last HLJ package (which only took 3 months) - no plans to get any more now, I'm retired and finally able to start on that shelf of kits. Only 350 to go before I run out and need to start buying more. Looking forward to some build threads of this here in the meantime.

Weird coincidence, I'd never heard of Venus Wars before this kit came out, and I didn't pay attention to which anime it came from then. A couple of weeks ago I happened to watch the anime, and was very surprised when the monocycles appeared on screen!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I just watched the Movie Saturday evening. Not really a "Must See" under any aspect but still quite entertaining.

With a lot of cool velicles and tanks that i would love to see as model kits. But i would be curious, what Waves motivation was, now to create a model kit from a over 30 yers old movie?? I mean, Venus Wars is not as popular as 2001 or Ghost In The Shell for sure....

Edited by Reelyator
typo
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

And this is how the Kit looks like:

spacer.png

Not really a full box. Comes with some MaK-ish looking decals and 2 double sided A4 sheets of instructions. One for the bike, one for the figure.

spacer.png

Some details of the figure (Resin).

spacer.png

• Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

Loving the new box art for the Hiro Box.  I think I have  a resin figure that's similar to the journalist in the film need to compare it to the resin Hiro. Just waiting for it to arrive. 

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...