Starship from a comic...

19 hours ago, 32buds said:

Yes,2000ad. The VC's.

Well, largely the VCs.  The original was lot less fussy round the rear end, and the cockpit section had smoother contours and was noticeably drooped compared with the main fuselage. 

Ooh, nasty sink mark where the neck extends from the fuselage!  Where'd you find it?

• Like 1

On 12/07/2021 at 18:50, pigsty said:

Well, largely the VCs.  The original was lot less fussy round the rear end, and the cockpit section had smoother contours and was noticeably drooped compared with the main fuselage. 

Ooh, nasty sink mark where the neck extends from the fuselage!  Where'd you find it?

I must have read the wrong comic then, or looked at Gary Leach's artwork the wrong way....      

Edited by 32buds
  • Like 3

All your own work?  I'm impressed.

As ever, different artists portrayed the thing slightly differently, and there were at least four of them on the strip.  I reckon we can split the difference.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

And, after a long search on line, is the picture that prompted my hand drill comment.

It's amazing where inspiration comes from.

I believe this is copyright so I will just leave a link here.

https://external-preview.redd.it/BBK6c_dTkq9-AcfCuEZhq21MyGWLR3b0eiMEmzqjEJg.jpg?auto=webp&s=f5c8f52912cc7238ab4dcb401ad398cb6de556fa

• Like 4

• 1 month later...