A fine day in Central Park

I don't usually build cars but, recently my club held a 1/24 car group build challenge. I quickly decided on something different so I chose the ICM 1912 Model-T Commercial Roadster.

Before starting I found that ICM also kitted a couple of figures titled 'American Motorists' so I decided to add them to my build. The box top showed them in a Touring car with the woman in the back seat. I didn't think that they would both fit in the front seat and she wouldn't really slum it in the little seat on the back of the car so I decided to sit her on a bench and have the man in the driving seat. However, the man does not fit in the roadster as he sits about 4 mm higher than the seat - obviously just designed to fit the Tourer. I adapted the woman to sit on a bench but was not willing to hack into the man to get him to fit either the bench or the car so I didn't use him.

I built it straight out of the box only adding some Uschi van der Rosten mahogany decals and a couple of scratch-built straps for the roof canopy.

Here are the pictures.

Model-T1

Model-T2

Model-T3

Model-T5

Model-T6

Model-T7

Model-T8

Thanks for looking

Mick

• Like 31

Thats a great build Mick, as you say a change from AFV's and aircraft. I really like the Uschi mahogany effect, really neat.

I've actually been looking at some of those ICM Fords recently, might even get one myself, but a few aircraft and AFV's to finish yet!

Terry

• Like 1

Hi Terry

I would recommend one as they are quite fun to build. There's some room for improvement by adding the instrument dials that ICM missed, which I might do one day. Unless you plan on cutting open the engine bonnet pieces I would only paint the engine sump as the rest of the engine will not be seen.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...