Curtiss-Wright AT-9 Jeep, 1/48, Dora Wings

I am astonished that there are always companies like your that offer new models and types, that are not name, 109, 190, P-51 and Spitfire.

congratulations on that one!  I like that very much. Sure I will buy one if it is available in the future.

Cheers 

Andy 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Gary Brantley said:

Exquisite model Eugen!  :clap2: Echoing Andy's comments above, it's always cool and exciting to see something out of the ordinary, and so beautifully built too.  :thumbsup:

I definitely agree. I like that a LOT!

• Like 1

Beautiful model of an apparently excellent kit of a type that I also hade to ask Uncle Google about.

An advanced trainer, it was regarded as a success in its role because it was difficult to fly and so a suitable step up towards light bomber and attack types.

Kind regards,

Joachim

This is a great thing to see!

This has long been a favorite of mine. I did one of the old Pavla 1/72 kits a while back, an early one at Williams Field in Arizona.

It is nice to see a good kit being brought out of it, it deserves wider circulation.

Sure wish you guys would do a 1/72 line, cause what I've seen of your models is first-rate, both for assembly and subject.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Old Man said:

This is a great thing to see!

This has long been a favorite of mine. I did one of the old Pavla 1/72 kits a while back, an early one at Williams Field in Arizona.

It is nice to see a good kit being brought out of it, it deserves wider circulation.

Sure wish you guys would do a 1/72 line, cause what I've seen of your models is first-rate, both for assembly and subject.

Thanks! ☺️

The 1/72 model will be made next year. 3d is already ready.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@dora

Eugen,

Thanks for sharing your build of the new-tool AT-9. It looks like Dora nailed it! I have the Dan Hagedorn book on the AT-9, and from what I can see, your kit has captured the  contours and details perfectly! I know the 1/48 modelers are going to be very happy with this one, and I hope at some time in the future, Dora can do one in 1/72 scale, as the only injected and vacform kits that have been released are either no longer in production or not very accurate. Can't wait to see what Dora is planning for future releases! Hope your  staff and their families are safe and well.

Mike

• Thanks 1

Very pleased to see this, and nicely done too ☑️

I've just had an introduction to Dora Wings kits with the Percival Vega Gulls in civil decor...... It all started with an old Frog /Novo kit of a Proctor, and when I had a look around and saw the Dora options..... In 1.48 as well..... I put an order in at the lms. 

I'm WELL PLEASED with these, and this Curtiss looks great too. Are there civil options for it? 

I'd better get some more reading and research done 😃

Congratulations on some excellent subjects and kit making. 

When I first saw the title I've gotta admit.....I thought, "Now what's a Jeep doing in the aircraft section?" First off I never knew this aircraft existed. So much for my so-called knowledge of aircraft types. lol. Secondly, I'll agree with what others said about the fact that this is definitely something out of the ordinary. Very cool model indeed. 

• 3 months later...

Purchasers of the 1/48 kit may want to check if part A9, cockpit control pedals is missing from the sprue.

Before contacting Dora Wings, I checked with a fellow modeller who, I knew, had bought the kit and he too was missing the part.

I've just pinged an email to Eugen and hope for their usual good service in supplying the missing part.

Rog

Further to my post above, Eugen @ Dora Wings advises that the pedals part was not formed, by error but a p/e part was included instead.

My kit is missing the p/e part and a new part is on its way.

As suggested above, other purchasers might like to check their kits.

Cheers,

Rog