1/32 HpH Models Messerschmitt Me 410

Here are some pictures of my HpH Models Messerschmitt ME 410 in 1/32nd scale. It is a multi-media mainly resin kit, it is not Tamiya and I didn't expect it to be. From a cottage industry limited run kit a little trimming, sanding, head-scratching is to be expected but I loved every minute of building. The kit is on the expensive side but looking at the end result it is worth every penny! The surface detail is superb! 

thumbnail.jpg

thumbnail-10.jpg

thumbnail-2.jpg

thumbnail-3.jpg

thumbnail-4.jpg

thumbnail-5.jpg

thumbnail-6.jpg

thumbnail-8.jpg

thumbnail-9.jpg

thumbnail-12.jpg

Thanks for checking in! :)

Peter

• Like 64
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, mick b said:

Excellent result, must weigh a ton!

Mike

It isn't really much heavier than an average plastic model kit of the same size. The fin and stabilizers are solid casts but the airframe is hollow, construction is much like building a vac-formes kit. The parts need to be freed from Filller-gates and cleaned up.

There is one thing I need to add though: I purchased the kit directly from the manufacturer in the Czech Republik. I messed up one of the decals and sent the company an email if they would sell me a replacement decal sheet. I got a reply asking if the sheet is to be sent to the same address the model was sent to. A few days later a replacement decal sheet landed in my letter-box completely free of charge. The service that HpH offers is really second to none!

• Like 1

Not much on Luftwaffe stuff myself, but this is a machine I've long harbored some curiosity about, and I appreciate a look at your well built and finished model of one. Do you have any WIP pictures of the interior?

Welcome to the forum.

• Thanks 1

Beautiful result! It's great to see some of these Hph kits being built. I have two and I'm still afraid to try building them...yet!

Unusual subject in a big scale, looks beautifully finished. Well done :clap2:

• Thanks 1

I can't see this build on this computer but I'm posting so I can bring it up later on this evening and check it out on mine at home.

EDIT: Ok....I'm at home now and have looked at this beautiful build of yours. Really does look great Peter. 

Edited by mustang1989
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Pete in a shed said:

Thats a great looking 410, You have produced a stunning replica:like:. You say its mostly resin, what are the transparencies made from, they look very good.

Pete

The transparencies are from clear resin which is perfect because they can be cleaned with thinners without damaging them.

Edited by olympic1911
  • Thanks 1