Heller 1/72 Potez 540 Charles de Gaulle +++ FINISHED +++

TonyOD

On 9/10/2021 at 9:51 AM, JOCKNEY said:

Sorry about the canopy Tony

For small work I've recently started using a cocktail stick to put paint on a canopy. Provided you don't put very much on its accurate and I've got good results. 

Cheers Pat 

On 9/11/2021 at 1:35 AM, JOCKNEY said:

The cocktail stick has another use, if you dip it in either thinners or water depending on the paint type it can be used to gently remove the excess paint without harming the canopy. 

I find pushing the paint off the clear part back towards the frame is very effective, loose paint can be removed with a cotton bud.

Apologies if I'm telling everyone the blooming obvious 

Cheers Pat 

I do something similar, Pat, employing acrylics. I paint with a fairly small brush (or at least a well pointed one), and what goes off the frame can be taken off right away with a toothpick/cocktailstick. If you missed bits of the frame you can touch them up knowing any 'slop' will go away quick. If the piece has any sort of a raised frame, it can come out right.

If there is no frame, I paint water-slide film and razor out thin strips.

• Like 2

Hi Tony,

As we can't add comments to the Gallery I'll just add here that the photos look splendid - M le General's avion has turned out beautifully! You should rightfully be very pleased with your Potez! And may I say Robert est bien le frère de ta mère!

Cheers,

Mark

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...