Kitty Hawk 1/35 HH-60G Pavehawk......"So that others may live".

Here is my completed Pavehawk build. Over all, a very enjoyable build. The 1/35 Kitty Hawk helicopter range have a good reputation for build quality, it's just the awful KH instructions you have to work around.

Here is the WIP thread for the build.

I wanted to build something different. I do like the US special ops helicopters, they have a particular "beefy" look to them. When KH launched their 1/35th Hawk family of helicopters, I thought I'd go big.

Normally I like to depict an aircraft in a realistic state. If it is armed, or has crew in, I don't open up many panels. This would not be the case on the 1:1 version. But with this, the detail available around the engines or avionics bays would be criminal to hide, but I really wanted to include the fantastic crew figures from Live-Resin. So I broke my own rules to display it as is.

The only aftermarket bits I added were weighted resin wheel from Armory, Live_Resin crew figures and GAU-18 .5 cal guns, plus Werners Wings decals.

A large amount of scratch building went into the cabin roof, to improve that.

I wanted to do a 56th RQS aircraft when they were based at RAF Lakenheath. This HH-60G has a memorial to the crew of "Jolly 22", lost in a crash January 2014 at Cley Next The Sea, North Norfolk. It's on the cockpit roof above the centre windscreen panel. A very poignant memory for me, as we liked to visit Cley, when living in Norfolk.

It is painted in acrylics. Main fuselage is Mr Hobby aqueous H305 Gunship Grey FS36118. Cabin interior Mr Hobby aqueous H308 Light Ghost Grey FS36375. The black is mostly Tamiya XF69 NATO black.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Thanks for looking.

Rob.

• Like 31

Superb !. I am looking forward to the day when I have the time to start on my own kit. I too have the live resin figures and other goodies to complete the model. As you have so amply illustrated with the quality of your build and finish, they really set off the finished model IMHO

Well Done, Sir !  

• Thanks 1

Is it me....I can't see the photos? Just flashing light grey panels. I can see photos on all other posts.....would love to see this one!

2 hours ago, t15dja said:

Is it me....I can't see the photos? Just flashing light grey panels. I can see photos on all other posts.....would love to see this one!

The photo's loaded for me. It did take a bit of time for them to fully load though.

I can see the pictures now, thanks, and they were worth the wait! That, sir, is a work of art. I shall be very happy if mine comes out half as good as yours!

• Thanks 1