‘65 Les Ritchey A/FX

• 2 months later...

Ok Vppel, you’ve shamed me into taking one last crack at the scratch-built air conduits to complete my A/FX build with minutes left on the clock. I woke up with a sore lower back so that’s also had an effect on my workmanship and general productivity. Excuses, excuses, no one to blame but myself, but here’s where I’m at on the Teflon tape over solder wire wound around a screw technique:

spacer.png

spacer.png

And amazingly, the tear-drop hood ALMOST completely closes over this conduit attempt!

spacer.png

I had fun on this build and appreciate all the peer input and encouragement from you guys. Britmodeler is my favorite modeling forum because everyone is so helpful, friendly and civilized. Thank you for including me in your excellent GB and I look forward to doing another auto subject with you all again in the near future. Cheers, John

• Like 6

That's a stunner of a build John, congratulations and well done.

Your race car builds have got me fired up to start one or two myself. A Dandy Dick Landy altered wheelbase car could well be in my future.

Tony.

• Like 2

Cool! I have a set of Slixx Dick Landy decals and just won a $12 eBay bid for yet another Lindberg ‘64 Dodge Ramchargers kit (my 3rd or 4th?) to build Landy’s non-AWB first hemi super stock car. I wish Moebius would do a Dodge version of their ‘65 Plymouth AWB car for a Landy version. I got to see Landy’s ‘65 AWB car at a revival drag meet about a decade ago, boy was the back end of that thing sagging downward relative to the front end! Combination of excessive bending moment and those acid-dipped bodies?