Renault Ft-17 Light Tank ##Finished##

Jb65rams

My entry is Meng's 1/35 Renault FT-17 Light Tank (Cast Turret).

Plan is to finish it as a tank that saw service in 1940, to sit along side my Tamiya B1.

spacer.png

Looks a cracking little kit, includes a interior & engine.spacer.png

• Like 14

Hi JB,

A  great choice. It does look unmistakably French and quaintly old fashioned... Not that it helped matters against the Germans...

I am a great fan of these tanks and I will cheer your progress from the side line!

Have fun!

JR

Great choice. I've got an RPM kit of the same, but am a bit put off by the delicacy of the running gear so it's in my 'need to get my skills up first' stash section. I'll be watching how you get on :)

On 7/10/2021 at 1:14 PM, Jb65rams said:

Plan is to finish it as a tank that saw service in 1940, to sit along side my Tamiya B1.

Like Asterix standing beside Obelix.

Now that's what I think about when I think of a French tank (well that and an AMX-30).

Welcome and good luck JB.

• 2 weeks later...

French early tanks do have a certain je nais se quois about them.

Having decided it was to hot to airbrush by Blenheim for the Bristol Aircraft GB, I decided to make a start on this. 

I printed a copy of the instruction off Scalemates as the colour callouts refer to Vallejo which makes up the majority of my paint, the instruction with the kit refer to Meng/AK colours.

Made a start on the engine. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 6

• 5 weeks later...

Can't believe its been a month since my last post. In that time I have finished my entry in the Bristol GB and spent a great week on holiday with my brother and his family,

Have come back refreshed and raring to go,

Started assembling the main body of the tank. Whilst waiting for the paint to dry I also assembled the running gear.

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't updated for a while but progress is slowly been made. It was a bit time consuming building the body, I found that the panels needs quite a bit of fwttling.  I think I must have got the engine slightly skewed which had a knock on. 

spacer.png

Primed it this weekend, ready for paint. 

spacer.png

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Stix. Thanks, It is a great little kit. I do like the early French tanks, I also have Meng's Riveted Turret version in the stash, will save that for another day.

I added the remaining fittings and am calling this one finished. Will take some better photos for the gallery at the weekend.

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 6

• Jb65rams changed the title to Renault Ft-17 Light Tank ##Finished##