Star Trek kit bash.

So I was lucky enough to be given the nexgen enterprise kit but not being the biggest trek fan I decided to make my own ship. It will be a single engine attack ship type thing.... 

mde.jpg

So I'm only using the bottom of the ship, flipping upside down and adding the star trek engine to the underside of the ship. 
IMG-20210710-154908.jpg
IMG-20210710-154859.jpg

So the pictures above show i have added a left over gundam part as mounting piont for the engine. 
IMG-20210710-161735.jpg

And with the start of fitting engine. 

Need to look into what guns in the trek universe look like as this definitely need some adding, Im thinking of add some custom X-wing wing tip cannons. 

I was going to fit the engine on top but I think like the look of it better underneath with the tapered down wings. 
IMG-20210708-224503.jpg

So if anyone has a need for the sorcerer section let me know I think it's to big for anything I would use it for. 

• Like 6

So tonight I done a bit more on this. Starting to fix on the engine, the two half's, a bit of something on the back to break up the look and have taken the bridge from the original kit trimmed it down and added it on top. The front of the ship has also been changed a bit by adding a few more bits. 

How about the USS stingray?

IMG-20210710-230043.jpg
IMG-20210710-230126.jpg
IMG-20210710-230147.jpg

• Like 3

Up at the crack of dawn this morning, so put some primer down to check for gaps, a few and that big seam line to fill as well. Stand also found and started. Still that big hole to fill but wanted to get the rod fitted and secure before closing it up. 

IMG-20210711-115130.jpg
IMG-20210711-115142.jpg
IMG-20210711-115159.jpg
IMG-20210711-122221.jpg

• Like 4

Fitted the mounting piont inside the hull, that's a temporary steel Rob in there at the moment, gone through the engine and hull to help hold thing together as she is a bit back heavy now. A bit of bluetack in the will help that as I think. 

Lower half of the engine still not fitted as I can not decide if  I'm painting the clear part before or after they are glued in place, either way will have its issues. 

Anyone got any recommendations for what works best? 

IMG-20210711-154629.jpg

• Like 3

USS Stingray would be a brilliant name, it even kind of looks like one ! 

..It might also make perfect sense that they'd use standard pre made ship parts and use them assembled in different configurations to create different craft for various roles... commonality for spare parts and repair is also a good thing to have operationally 👍

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Hunter Rose said:

The lights look very cool!

Cheers. 

On with the hand painting at the moment and a few decals, only done the top of the ship at the moment. Gone with the gold deflector dish/cannon/censor to try and keep it looking star Treckie... 

IMG-20210717-131919.jpg

• Like 5