Final "Blitzbuild" - wartime buildings - Finished and in Gallery

Having suggested a final weekend "Blitzbuild" it would be wrong of me not to enter a final build.

Taking the word Blitz literally I have this selection of four war time buildings

DSC04978

Now for less time in the forum and more building time.

• Like 2

All the buildings have been completed, not much of a build thread as spent most of the available time building. All simple builds except the pill box. Her is an internal view before the roof went on:

DSC04980

The Anderson shelter and Pill Box were very nice kits produced by an individual who traded under the name Fine Scale Buildings. I met him at a couple of shows and was  impressed by his demo and builds. Unfortunately he does not seem to be on business now and the kits are unavailable. They had very comprehensive instructions running to 20 pages for the Pillbox.

The prfefab on the other hand, by Street Level models only had a few lines of instructions.

Photo's are now in Display only gallery.

• Like 1

• Paul821 changed the title to Final "Blitzbuild" - wartime buildings - Finished and in Gallery
On 7/11/2021 at 10:18 PM, Paul821 said:

The prfefab on the other hand, by Street Level models only had a few lines of instructions

Another contender for a 'The instructions won't help GB'? back in the day, Street Level Models did excellent Great Eastern buildings that might fit for you. I'm far from clear if they're still going though. Of course, there's always a well known website!

Did you take any other photos of the prefabs Paul?  I used to live in one which my parents moved in to just after the war.  I'd like to build something like that myself.

A little bit of history on prefabs, after the war aircraft production dropped off dramatically and whilst the aircraft manufacturers were waiting for civil orders to start again, they took to building prefabs.  The Bristol Aircraft Company built prefabs at their Shadow Factory at Oldmixon, near to Weston Super Mare; on the site now occupied by the Helicopter Museum.

The Shadow Factory is still there,  just behind the museum.  Might be a theme for the Bristol Aircraft Company GB?  :hmmm:

Mike

51 minutes ago, Mjwomack said:

Street Level Models did excellent Great Eastern buildings that might fit for you

ALM are still in business many mainly deal in 3D printed engines ebay  but a few of the card kits are available.

I was told by SLM at a show years ago that I purchased the last of their stock of the main GER station, it's still unbuilt in a draw somewhere. Comparing it to Scalescenes  and even Metcalffe is is of its time and if I do build a GER station for Exercise Meteor then I might use it as a template but scratch build it using self printed brick paper and 3d printed windows.. 

32 minutes ago, bootneck said:

Did you take any other photos of the prefabs Paul? 

There is a prefab at Duxford, I have some photo's of it I will look for. I will be at Duxford in a couple of weeks and was intending total some more detailed photo's as I would like to model the interior. If I do I will post them somewhere on BM.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Paul821 said:

There is a prefab at Duxford, I have some photo's of it I will look for. I will be at Duxford in a couple of weeks and was intending total some more detailed photo's as I would like to model the interior. If I do I will post them somewhere on BM.

That would be good to see as I would like to compare them with my memory of the layout of our prefab.

Mike

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/13/2021 at 10:55 AM, Paul821 said:

Did you take any other photos of the prefabs Paul? 

Was at Duxford today and took a number of photo's of the prefab - here are a few:

2021-08-04 12-48-18DSC_0006

2021-08-04 12-49-03DSC_0009

2021-08-04 12-50-28DSC_0015

2021-08-04 12-50-48DSC_0016