Ferrari 330 P4 - Fujimi 1:24 by fnick

Morning all

This is the next project.

spacer.png

I have to admit I never knew anything about this car until I saw Plasmo's build on YouTube. 

It is a lovely car have to say. This one will be a OOB build. 

I'm going back to spray paint for this one as the finish is sooooo much better than brush painting! I've gone with Tamiya bright red TS-49.

This might a bit slow to start off with as I will temporarily have two builds on the go this and the Cadillac Eldorado. Reason is I want to get all spraying, decalling and clear coating done on all the parts that require it before the end of the summer. Once that is all done then I'll focus purely on this one.

Here is the car primed

spacer.png

And compared to the Cadillac...

spacer.png

That doesn't show the true size comparison as the Cadillac is in 1:25 scale so should be 1cm longer for 1:24!

And the P4 with two coats of red

spacer.png

Done in 10 minutes! Certainly faster than 9 brush coats on the prelude! 😄

Next step is to add decals but I'm not sure if I should try a very gently sand the paint down first as it is not perfectly flat and I'm worried the decals will then look bobbly. If it does take sheen off the colour then hopefully that clear coat will bring that back...

Think there is one part where the final colour isn't red all over so I might try sanding down that area to see how that pans out.

Thanks for looking

Nick

Edited by Fnick
  • Like 12

41 minutes ago, CrazyCrank said:

I've to buy popcorn and some beers before sitting down :)

Can you get some for me too please....? :)

That's a cracking looking paint job Nick, can't see you going back to brushes when you can work a rattle can that well!

Lovely looking sports racer, one of my favourite cars though I've never built one, shall enjoy watching yours come together!

Keith

• Thanks 1

The most beautiful sports prototype ever, IMHO.  I've build the spyder version in 1/43, and have a berlinetta, same car as this, waiting to be built.

Will be following your build with interest. 

Trevor

• Thanks 1

Wow a whole audience now... I get stage fright... 😋

30 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

can't see you going back to brushes

Not unless it's an air brush! 😉

Cheers for the comments gents. I'll do my best to do this one justice.

Nick

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

I've never built one

@keefr22 Theres one available on buy it now on a certain bidding site for £37... Just saying... Better get in there before Andy does...😜

Nick

Edited by Fnick
  • Haha 2

32 minutes ago, Fnick said:

Theres one available on buy it now on a certain bidding site for £37...

I've had two in the past Nick but sold both on for much less than that (!) as I had (& still have!!!) far too many kits to ever hope to build them all! :)

I'll leave it for @Andy J ..... 🤣

Keith

• Haha 3

59 minutes ago, Fnick said:

Wow a whole audience now... I get stage fright... 😋

Not unless it's an air brush! 😉

Cheers for the comments gents. I'll do my best to do this one justice.

Nick

Great paint Job Nick looks awesome 👌. Just out of interest Nick should you decide to go the airbrush route in the future let me know as I have a very nice Iwata compressor and a H&S airbrush both as good as new that you're welcome to free of charge 😉👍

23 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

I've had two in the past Nick but sold both on for much less than that (!) as I had (& still have!!!) far too many kits to ever hope to build them all! :)

I'll leave it for @Andy J ..... 🤣

Keith

Just brought it.....😉🙃👍

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Andy J said:

you're welcome to

That is very generous...😮sending you pm...

1 hour ago, Andy J said:

Just brought it

Just to be clear it's Keith's fault 😄

Nick

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Fnick said:

That is very generous...😮sending you pm...

Just to be clear it's Keith's fault 😄

Nick

No problem Nick I don't use them but they would be ideal for someone to cut there teeth in the world of airbrushing 🙂👍. As for @keefr22 he's used to being blamed for my shenanigans....water off a ducks back springs to mind 😂👍

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Andy J said:

they would be ideal for someone to cut there teeth in the world of airbrushing

Indeed they will, the compressor is a great bit of kit and I still think H&S airbrushes are about the easiest to clean that are currently available - you'll have fun with them Nick and they'll be so much easier to learn to use and get good results with than the cheap Chinese rubbish that a lot of people start with.

Keith

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

He's like that.... :) 👍

Keith

Just to be clear I'm not after a medal for generosity it's simply a case of i have these items spare and the thought of them being used rather than sitting idle is good enough for me 🙂👍

• Like 1

1 minute ago, keefr22 said:

Indeed they will, the compressor is a great bit of kit and I still think H&S airbrushes are about the easiest to clean that are currently available - you'll have fun with them Nick and they'll be so much easier to learn to use and get good results with than the cheap Chinese rubbish that a lot of people start with.

Keith

Yep well said Keith i agree 100% 🙂👍

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fnick said:

Make yourself at home Roger. You're first so you can have the comfy chair! 😄

Nick

Thanks, comfy now so carry on

Stay safe         Roger 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hi Nick, Like everyone one has said you've made a cracking start 👍.   The only issue from memory I found with this kit is that you have to put something where the engine should be, otherwise when you look between the rear wheel and its arch you can see straight through to the otherside! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

31 minutes ago, Fnick said:

@andyj just in case you didn't see pm sent. Nick

31 minutes ago, Fnick said:

@andyj just in case you didn't see pm sent. Nick

Hi Nick nothing received mate I think you may have sent it to a different @Andy J note capital letters and space 🙂👍

18 minutes ago, Fnick said:

🤦‍♂️. That explains things... Second attempt on its way hopefully to the right Andy this time..., Nick

PM received....repeat the Eagle has landed 😉👍

• Haha 2