New chap.

Sheepbloke

Morning all. 

Very much a lapsed military modeller and I've done next to nothing for the last forty years. 

Having returned to railway modelling in the last ten years, there is much of interest in the military modelling world which I'm hoping to crib. 

I'm mainly interested in picking up weathering techniques and how I can apply them to model  railways. I am also hoping to learn how to paint figures. I am nothing short of a blank canvas. 

I'm looking to return to 1/35th military modelling along with the occasional 1/72nd aircraft, so it does appear that there will be a few kit builds along the way. No doubt there will be the occasional mishap........ 

Rob. 

• Like 7

Interesting. I came back to modelling because of an interest in railway modelling, a desire to stress and weather models ( I always thought they looked sort of daft, all shiny and new) and now I'm back where I started 60 years ago, modelling WW2 aircraft, albeit with a slightly larger scale.

Welcome!

I love the moniker, btw.

37 minutes ago, Sheepbloke said:

Thank youcall for your kind comments.

Having seen what you get up to on WT, and much admiring the beautifully artistic interpretation of decrepit railway subjects, I shall be looking forward to seeing what you get up to here. It’s a small world, really. 

• Thanks 1

Hello Rob … :post1: from the windy city of Chicago USA. Im mostly aircraft myself, former model rail-roader . The skills definitely transfer and should make things a lot easier. Im guessing you have all the tools of the trade so nothing I can tell you there either. If there is anything I can help with please ask. 

Dennis

19 hours ago, Sheepbloke said:

Thank youcall for your kind comments. 

Here is a link to a few of my images. Hope it works.......

https://pin.it/DdihuY5

Rob. 

Welcome to the Forum !!

Looking at your pix, you should have no issue at all with armor and diorama !!

There’s some cracking work, there ;)

ATB !!

Lee.