Jules Verne, but not the one you're expecting

JOCKNEY

Hi Pat,

just to confuse matters a bit more, re the interior blue I use Humbrol 104.

Very happy with it. It is dark enough so that you can lighten the sharp edges with a light grey.

Anyway, you choose and as long as you are happy, it is good.

Cheers mate.

JR

• Like 2

Time for some pictures, here are the parts, and there a lots of them

IMG_5981

IMG_5978

IMG_5979

IMG_5980

IMG_5982

Looking at the instructions which I'll post separately, lots of the windows have to be cut yourself, and there isn't clear parts for them, so that will keep things interesting !

Oh and it looks about the same size as the Stirling I'm finishing !

I've also found another potential victimised for this GB, but more of that later as that too comes with challenges

Cheers Pat

• Like 9

And a broken prop to add to the fun . Best of luck with the surgery . Should your local blood bank be placed on standby just in case ?

Martin H

• Haha 1

Best of luck with that Pat, it looks a big beast and I reckon those engines are going to be fun. The French produced bombers that made the Whitley look elegant. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

On 7/24/2021 at 10:39 AM, Grandboof said:

And a broken prop to add to the fun .

I think it is supposed to look like that :P individual blades, making it a 5 maybe 6 part assembly per prop. 

Good luck with this one Pat, you're gonna need it. 

Plenty of time, no rush... oh who are we kidding here.

• Haha 2

Two paired engines one in front and one behind, sponsoned out at the bottom of the fuselage so 4 x 3 bladed props I believe. Like the Heller Potez 540 but with a pair of engines at the rear of the pod as well. 

Pete

• Like 2

Hi Pat,

can't you just say that your wife reversed her car into your modelling table while you were enjoying the Scottish summer?

If you add that you barely escaped with your life, we will all understand she was trying to make it look like an unfortunate accident.

There will be tears of joy and everybody will have forgotten about this 'orrible kit that has taken a life of its own...

Always here to help!

JR

Edited by jean
  • Haha 3

My apologies I still haven’t started this one yet, some co-host I am !

However, I've finished my Stirling and one of the 109's, so if I can finish my Hellcat in the STGB and my 109Z in that STGB I can start this one.

Then I'll list one of the other builds I've got planned for this GB, it's another boring everyday aircraft, any guesses ? :wicked:

Cheers Pat

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

So a bit of an update 

The other build I've got planned is a Latecoere 298.

The Hellcat is finished still need to update the thread with pictures and I've nearly finished the 109z in the STGB. 

So starting on this one next.

Cheers Pat

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Long overdue, but finally, I've made a start.

IMG_6135

As you can see, the cockpit looks a bit unconventional, but once the seat goes on and it's painted, it will look good. The 2 little windows in the nose, have to be drilled / cut out, on each side along with a smaller window each side in the fuselage.

IMG_6137

Once the Late 298 is done this will get my undivided attention.

Cheers Pat

• Like 8

Hi Pat,

Just caught up with this, and "Wow!" what an amazing-looking avion! One that I'm completely unfamiliar with, so I'm looking forward to the history lesson as well 

I'm afraid I have to add that you're a bit of a bad influence, as well: I'm having a bit if a French period at the moment, and now I absolutely need one of these! :D

Looking forward to seeing your progress.

Cheers,

Mark

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, 2996 Victor said:

Hi Pat,

Just caught up with this, and "Wow!" what an amazing-looking avion! One that I'm completely unfamiliar with, so I'm looking forward to the history lesson as well 

I'm afraid I have to add that you're a bit of a bad influence, as well: I'm having a bit if a French period at the moment, and now I absolutely need one of these! :D

Looking forward to seeing your progress.

Cheers,

Mark

I apologise Mark, I'm afraid I do have "previous " regarding being a bad influence. 

On the upside, I expect this build will succeed in frightening most people off wanting one of these I expect  ! :door:

Cheers Pat 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, JOCKNEY said:

I apologise Mark, I'm afraid I do have "previous " regarding being a bad influence. 

On the upside, I expect this build will succeed in frightening most people off wanting one of these I expect  ! :door:

Cheers Pat 

Just a quick look on eBay would be enough to frighten off most aspiring modellers.....one for the back burner, methinks! :D

Cheers,

Mark

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 2996 Victor said:

Just a quick look on eBay would be enough to frighten off most aspiring modellers.....one for the back burner, methinks! :D

Cheers,

Mark

Yes I've had mine for many years and thankfully didn't pay the collectors item type prices that they seem to go for at the moment. 

I think it's a shame as these were after all made to be built and these high prices prevent a lot of people from building something off the mainstream, which as you well know is me all over !

I'd better start the history lesson soon, if everyone is sitting comfortably I'll begin  :popcorn:

• Like 3

Absolutely, Pat, it's a real shame that some kits are bought as investments rather than for the enjoyment of making something. It's great to see you doing just that with more, shall we say, esoteric subjects :) Looking forward to seeing this one progress (while trying to sort out the wing on my tiny MS.230 :D).

Sitting comfortably!

Cheers,

Mark

• Like 2

On 12/09/2021 at 10:41, JOCKNEY said:

Cheers Pat 

Hi Pat,

you recall how I mentioned that I absolutely need one of these? Well, I had one of the slightly expensive ones in my fleaBay watch list and the vendor made me an offer I could have easily refused but didn't :facepalm: Justification: its almost my mumble-mumble-mumble-second birthday :D (just don't tell Jane!).

Not wanting to pressure you, but have you made any progress? I'm just eager to see it go together, you understand ;) 

Cheers,

Pat

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, 2996 Victor said:

Hi Pat,

you recall how I mentioned that I absolutely need on of these? Well, I had one of the slightly expensive ones in my fleaBay watch list and the vendor made me an offer I could have easily refused but didn't :facepalm: Justification: its almost my mumble-mumble-mumble-second birthday :D (just don't tell Jane!).

Not wanting to pressure you, but have you made any progress? I'm just eager to see it go together, you understand :)

Cheers,

Pat

Hi Mate,

Delighted to hear you have got one, happy birthday when it comes, I'm sure Jane will forgive you........eventually  ! :fingerscrossed:

In the meantime, just relax, and I'll post some pictures and some of the story later on this evening.

cheers Pat

• Like 1

I too am looking forward to your progress on this one, having an affection for French bombers what look like they're made of Lego!

(Would it be a costly business to get hold of one of these kits then? Asking for a friend...)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1