'65 Shelby GT350, '67 GT390, '68 Shelby GT500, '69 Boss 429

Six97s

Past half way!  😵  I haven't touched these for weeks due to holidays and work commitments....  hope I can get back to them in the coming days. Might target the '67 for completion first, as that's the easy one.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Six97s said:

Past half way!  😵  I haven't touched these for weeks due to holidays and work commitments....  hope I can get back to them in the coming days. Might target the '67 for completion first, as that's the easy one.

Do I EVER hear what you're talkin' about. Man it's been nuts around here with the holidays and other commitments. Looking forward to more progress on these projects of yours. 

• 1 month later...
On 10/10/2021 at 9:14 AM, Six97s said:

Still no more progress to show.   Since my holiday, I've been snowed under with work...  hope I can at least get the '67 done by the deadline.

Looks like we're in the same both brother. I've had one thing after another hit since last week. Repairs on the cars/ trucks over the last weekend and then on just this past Monday......my sons truck got hit out in front of our house by a hit and run drunk driver. Found it when he was getting ready to leave for football practice at 5:15 in the morning. Long story short....there were enough pieces of their car left in the street for me to pick up, run part numbers and identify the vehicle and the color (silver) that was left on my sons rear bumper. Believe it or not we found the car that hit his truck later that afternoon. So I called the cops, the driver (a younger female) confessed to hitting it, received a ticket for fleeing the scene of an accident, and provided her insurance information. The truck was still driveable after I replaced the R/H tail light. It looked like Hell but at least he had wheels UNTIL....Wednesday when the transmission (which we had recently replaced with a freshly rebuilt unit) stopped pulling. In looking at it further it appears that the impact shoved the differential forward which caused the driveshaft to put excessive pressure on the output shaft which transmits all the way forward to the input shaft. This caused the torque converter to be pushed into the pump causing damage to the pump. It wasn't immediately noticeable because the truck was initially driveable but after a couple of days it finally just quit. Sooooo......we've got driveline issues now too. After I get the tranny out I'm going to have to check the crankshaft end play too because there's a very good chance that same impact force got transmitted to the crankshaft which'll put excessive pressure on the crankshaft thrust bearing. Being a 93 Silverado it'll probably be "totaIled" so I doubt the insurance company is going to give us any real money for the vehicle but I'll be hanging on to the fact that the whole truck was recently gone ALL the way through by my son and I. Man we put ALOT of work over the last two years into that truck.

While we were waiting for my buddy to show up with his wrecker to get it towed back to our house on Monday my son dropped his phone (face planted it on asphalt) rendering his phone useless. Well....the kids gotta have a phone so we can reach him so off to the repair shop that went. Good LORD man!!!! When will it stop??? 

Edited by mustang1989
  • Sad 1