1/72nd Valom Bristol Brigand B.Mk.1, 45 Sqn, Tengah, 1950, Operation Firedog

19 minutes ago, fatalbert said:

Wow,thats an impressive aeroplane,i never realised how big a machine it was.Nice models.

Thanks mate,..... yeah huge isn`t it! 

That's an absolutely cracking model Tony. Impeccably built and finished to your usual exceptionally high standards. 

I've always really liked this aeroplane, but I can never put my finger on why, but it still hovers around near the top of my pending pile. You may have just nudged it upwards.

I must admit that the Brigand does look to be a meaty beastie next to the Beaufighter. 

The MSG/Black colour scheme is very appealing and covers fair few types of that era. Apart from the Brigand and the Beaufighter it also appeared on aircraft such as the Mosquito, Lancaster, Lincoln, Canberra. 

Keep them coming Tony, I never tire of seeing your work. 

Chris. 

Edited by cngaero
Error in the text.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, cngaero said:

That's an absolutely cracking model Tony. Impeccably built and finished to your usual exceptionally high standards. 

I've always really liked this aeroplane, but I can never put my finger on why, but it still hovers around near the top of my pending pile. You may have just nudged it upwards.

I must admit that the Brigand does look to be a meaty beastie next to the Beaufighter. 

The MSG/Black colour scheme is very appealing and covers fair few types of that era. Apart from the Brigand and the Beaufighter it also appeared on aircraft such as the Mosquito, Lancaster, Lincoln, Canberra. 

Keep them coming Tony, I tire of seeing your work. 

Chris. 

Thanks Chris,...... yeah the MSG/Black scheme does look nice,.... I have a Lincoln in the scheme too and did a Mossie in the scheme once for a bloke who`s Dad flew them with 139 Sqn post war and it looked great,..... he loved it anyway. 

1 hour ago, bigbadbadge said:

Crikey this is a big machine, it does look great though Tony, I do like this scheme too.  Cracking work fella.

Chris

Cheers Chris,.... glad you like it mate and it is a brute of a thing isn`t it,.... I just had to put a Beau next to it to highlight the fact! 

OMG... that's so beautiful in a beastly kinda way. Yet another one of my modelling bucket list items that you've managed to build so impeccably, Tony. The small but important details are all faithfully represented and the comparison to the Beaufighter is no surprise when you actually see the kits parts all crammed into that small Valom box, - it really is quite a monster. Now imagine what 45 Squadrons Pilot's and Engineers thought when these Brigands were replaced by de Havilland's dainty Hornet?? 

Once again, sheer perfection all wrapped up in 1/72 scale. 

Cheers and very well modelled.. Dave 

• Like 1

Crikey - and I thought the Beaufighter was a brute! That's a beautiful finish of a type not often seen - lovely work Tony!

Cheers,

Roger

• Like 1

Beautifully done!  You roll 10 aircraft out of the hangar in the time it takes me to produce just one, and with such great results!  Valom, too! Bravo.  I really like the DF loop in the clear football.  I assume you made the wheels' tread pattern on your own?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tonyot said:

Thanks Chris,...... yeah the MSG/Black scheme does look nice,.... I have a Lincoln in the scheme too and did a Mossie in the scheme once for a bloke who`s Dad flew them with 139 Sqn post war and it looked great,..... he loved it anyway. 

Tony, I'm so sorry about the error in my text. At the end of it, after praising your work, I wrote "I tire of seeing your work", however it should have read "I never tire of seeing your work". Note to self..... I must remember to proof read before posting! 

Please accept my sincere apologies for the error and for any offence that I may have caused. 

Chris. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

What a wonderful type of plane. Never saw this before. The design is very lovely. Wonder that there are no more models in different scales. 
Top notch modeling!

Andy 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Rabbit Leader said:

OMG... that's so beautiful in a beastly kinda way. Yet another one of my modelling bucket list items that you've managed to build so impeccably, Tony. The small but important details are all faithfully represented and the comparison to the Beaufighter is no surprise when you actually see the kits parts all crammed into that small Valom box, - it really is quite a monster. Now imagine what 45 Squadrons Pilot's and Engineers thought when these Brigands were replaced by de Havilland's dainty Hornet?? 

Once again, sheer perfection all wrapped up in 1/72 scale. 

Cheers and very well modelled.. Dave 

Thanks Dave,.... glad you like it mate and yes it is a brute of a thing and  I had wondered the same thing about the Hornet myself, especially as I`m building them both alongside each other, the comparison is very striking. 

8 hours ago, Dunny said:

Crikey - and I thought the Beaufighter was a brute! That's a beautiful finish of a type not often seen - lovely work Tony!

Cheers,

Roger

Thanks Roger,.... yeah the Brigand and Buckmaster were super brutes indeed,...... all engine and brawn! 

8 hours ago, TheyJammedKenny! said:

Beautifully done!  You roll 10 aircraft out of the hangar in the time it takes me to produce just one, and with such great results!  Valom, too! Bravo.  I really like the DF loop in the clear football.  I assume you made the wheels' tread pattern on your own?

Cheers mate,.... yeah I`ve been working the elves hard recently LOL! Thankfully Airfix did the clear DF loop acorn in their new Beaufort so I could nick that and yes I scribed on the wheel tred myself,..... not the bet, but better than nothing. Strange how the kit wheels are far too narrow for the undercarriage legs,....... they need a sandwich of plastic card adding inside!

8 hours ago, cngaero said:

Tony, I'm so sorry about the error in my text. At the end of it, after praising your work, I wrote "I tire of seeing your work", however it should have read "I never tire of seeing your work". Note to self..... I must remember to proof read before posting! 

Please accept my sincere apologies for the error and for any offence that I may have caused. 

Chris. 

Hey Chris don`t worry mate,....I knew what you meant as it was out of context to everything else you wrote! No offence caused whatsoever!

5 hours ago, Andy Dyck said:

What a wonderful type of plane. Never saw this before. The design is very lovely. Wonder that there are no more models in different scales. 
Top notch modeling!

Andy 

Thanks Andy,....... it is a typical Bristol lovable brute mate,...... just a shame it had a tendency to shed a wing due to fatigue and using the type in  role for which it wasn`t intended for! I would like to see other kits too,..... but like many others that Valom produce,.... I think that we have to thank them for providing the only one!

37 minutes ago, Mig88 said:

Smashing!! Great work all around. :thumbsup:

At first I would have sworn it was smaller than the Beau but I couldn't believe it when you put the two together!

Miguel

Thank you Miguel, yes I know what you mean about the size,.... which is why I included the Beaufighter in some photos,..... you should see it alongside the Hornet which replaced it!!

Thanks again everybody,

Cheers

Tony

55 minutes ago, woody37 said:

That's lovely mate. The Beaufighter looks big next to a Blenheim and this looks big next to a Beaufighter! Really like the black / grey scheme.

Thanks Neil,.... I was really tempted to photograph a line up from Blenheim through Beaufort and Beaufighter up to the Brigand. I might do once I`ve finished the Buckmaster and include that too because that was an even bigger looking brute than the Brigand!   

Edited by tonyot

1 minute ago, binbrook87 said:

Outstanding work. I do love the Brigand. I didn't realise how much larger it was compared to the Beau. They both look excellent. 👍👍👍

Cheers mate,...... yeah that is why I included the Beaufighter,...... I was surprised myself! Big brute isn`t it? You should see it next to the Hornet which replaced it!!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ColinChipmunkfan said:

Great result from the Valom Kit Tony.  I knew the Brigand was big but never appreciated just how big.  Wonder what it was like to fly?

Colin

Thanks Colin,...... yeah it is certainly big alright,.... I would imagine it was pretty heavy on the controls but it had a hell of a lot of power too. Designed as a torpedo bomber and used as a rocket firing dive bomber!

Very nice, brute of a thing isn’t it! I fancy doing one of these but think the Valom kit would be beyond me, especially with the mods needed (how’d they miss the engine thingies?)

You've done a grand job once again

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ForestFan said:

Very nice, brute of a thing isn’t it! I fancy doing one of these but think the Valom kit would be beyond me, especially with the mods needed (how’d they miss the engine thingies?)

You've done a grand job once again

Thanks mate,..... yep the engines and wheels must have been done on a Friday! 

18 minutes ago, RMCS said:

Fantastic 

Cheers mate.