Revell 1/12 2010 Ford Shelby GT500

Andy J

4 hours ago, Stef N. said:

So far, so very good. That engine is great and ,echoing the others, the paint does look very good quality. 👍

Thanks Stef i always try to give an honest opinion when I try out a new product and these zero metal paints are very good quality indeed 🙂👍

• Thanks 1

I can only presume that something has gone catastrophically wrong in the real world and stopped Andy from getting to the bench, over 24 hours without movement is almost unheard of!!! Maybe poisoning by excessive paint fumes due to the size of the body 😬

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Marco F. said:

Hey Andy! 

Nothing new with your build? Quite uncommon for you! 

I'd like to see some progress with your big thing 

Marco F 

Busy at work and then off to Silverstone for the GP mate should be back at the bench next Monday 👍 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Spiny said:

I can only presume that something has gone catastrophically wrong in the real world and stopped Andy from getting to the bench, over 24 hours without movement is almost unheard of!!! Maybe poisoning by excessive paint fumes due to the size of the body 😬

Work and the British GP mate bench locked up till next Monday 🙂👍

• Like 2

1 minute ago, keefr22 said:

Have a great weekend Andy!!

K

On my way down around midday mate to meet up with family and friends 

spacer.png

Let's get this party started 🤪 🍻🍸👍

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Boy Andy, camping out at the races, I'm so envious, look's like great fun! I lost more than a few brain cells during fun trips like that in my younger years, it was worth it!

Bring us back a cool picture or two, maybe a Mustang?  Maybe an F1 car?  Maybe the weirdest car in the car park? 

Have fun, be safe, enjoy the races!

• Like 2

Priorities Andy..

You've gone for the weekend.....how the chuff does one keep the beer chilled??

I remember "in the day"  club racing weekend at Donington, car expired during Sat practice thus no racing Sunday. Hit Redgate lodge unfortunately we hadn't had the foresight to erect the tent before hand..... 

Wrapped in a tent almost works as good as being inside the tent, honest....

Sunday was a long day, broke and hung over, the joys of youth!

Enjoy and best wishes.

• Like 2

The people on the neighbouring pitch to us on one trip to Le mans got around the beer problem - a mini fridge powered off the car battery. Of course, that meant that the engine had to be run to stop the battery going flat while the fridge was cooling. I wonder how the environmetalists would have felt about running a DB9 just to cool beer...

EDIT: What am I talking about it - there's no 'just' in cooling beer:doh:

• Haha 4

So back to the Mustang but with a temperature in the garage of 86° painting is out of the question 🙄. Fortunately I had the rest of the engine parts already painted and ready for fitting so I decided to concentrate on this part of the build along with a few decals supplied with the kit. No drama's at all with the parts fitment and although a little thick the decals did settle down with the help of some strong setting solutions. Here's a few pic's of today's progress 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

So the first page of the instruction book is complete and I'm happy with the results so far. I've realised however that in order to do the kit justice my build speed needs to slow down a little as no matter how fast I move along this build is gonna take a while to complete. So yes I'm taking my foot off the gas pedal a little and tbh I reckon I'll enjoy the slightly slower pace. Thanks for looking back soon 🙂👍

• Like 13

1 minute ago, mustang1989 said:

What a beautiful powerplant so far Andy. Man that is some really good work!!! 

Thanks for the comment mate much appreciated 👍. I'm trying to keep the build moving along steadily but as I  mentioned above to create the finished build I'm looking for is gonna take a while so a little less speed is required 😉👍

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Andy J said:

Thanks for the comment mate much appreciated 👍. I'm trying to keep the build moving along steadily but as I  mentioned above to create the finished build I'm looking for is gonna take a while so a little less speed is required 😉👍

Speed has never been important to me. Like you....I'm only interested in good outcomes. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, vppelt68 said:

:goodjob:

Those belt decals are really icing this cake!

Thanks but tbh I didn’t realise that the belt decals were included in the kit certainly a nice touch i think 🤔. I've given Revell kits a tough time in the past but so far this one is proving to be very enjoyable indeed 👍

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mustang1989 said:

Speed has never been important to me. Like you....I'm only interested in good outcomes. 

I'm always interested in the final results of any kit I build but if I spend to much time on a certain part of a build I lose interest 🙄 . Therefore finding a suitable pace to work at is a must for me that's why I've decided to slow down a little....only a little bit though 😉👍

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Andy J said:

I'm always interested in the final results of any kit I build but if I spend to much time on a certain part of a build I lose interest 🙄 . Therefore finding a suitable pace to work at is a must for me that's why I've decided to slow down a little....only a little bit though 😉👍

I built a 1970 Maverick (Dyno Don's restored car) last year and it took me one year to build that thing......BUT......I was VERY happy with the outcome. Friggin shifter was 27 parts!!!!! Original interior only had about 20 or so pieces to it counting the roll bar assy but after I got done with it the interior parts count was around 110 parts. And that's just the interior.,...............

Edited by mustang1989
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, mustang1989 said:

I built a 1970 Maverick (Dyno Don's restored car) last year and it took me one year to build that thing......BUT......I was VERY happy with the outcome. Friggin shifter was 27 parts!!!!! Original interior only had about 20 or so pieces to it counting the roll bar assy but after I got done with it the interior parts count was around 110 parts. And that's just the interior.,...............

Without getting too deep into the subject the key to any hobby has to be enjoyment it certainly is for me. And it really doesn't matter how long it takes to complete a kit so long as when it's finished the builder is happy with his work. This Revell kit is by no means detailed for a 1/12 scale kit but because of the larger parts they are easier to paint which is something I'm actually quite enjoying atm. I've got a number of 1/12 kits in the stash including a part started Tamiya Porsche that i really should re visit in the future so I guess I need to find that happy pace to work at in this scale 🙂. That's it waffling finished time to find the ice cream tub 😋 👍

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

Never takes me very long to finish a build, eh, Andy??!! :whistle: :rolleyes:

I think you should build an engine stand for that motor and display it as a finished model - it's pretty stunning tbh!! 

K

Yeah I get what you mean Keith....so fix the engine to a stand and put on display....then bin the rest of the kit...hmm would certainly be a quick build 🤔. Only joking as long as the engine looks ok when the bonnet is lifted I'll be happy. Anyway with my new pace of building I might beat your 11 year record 🤣🤣👍

• Haha 1