Revell 1/12 2010 Ford Shelby GT500

Andy J

It doesn't last. My workbench is back to its usual catastrophic mess again.

ย 

The nice, clean, tidy worktop is buried under a pile of Airfix and MPC Gangbuster kits getting sorted for renovation and repair at the moment.

• Haha 3

When I built my shed, I added underfloor hard foam insulation for the shed floor to sit on. The walls and roof got rockwool and spray foam everywhere. I've not needed heating in there yetย and, although it can get a bit warm on a really hot day, it's a very nice place to work or relax in.

ย 

Good luck with your project.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, TonyW said:

When I built my shed, I added underfloor hard foam insulation for the shed floor to sit on. The walls and roof got rockwool and spray foam everywhere. I've not needed heating in there yetย and, although it can get a bit warm on a really hot day, it's a very nice place to work or relax in.

ย 

Good luck with your project.

Thanks Tony the thing is I'm only going to do this once so I need to make sure I do it right. I'm basically going to be building a separate room within a double garage partition walls insulated and covered in plasterboard. I already have a window in place for the extraction of fumes from my spray booth and I'll add a separate internal door for an entrance. One of the garage doors will be blocked off as this is where the cold air comes from in the winter. An insulated false floor work surfaces and a whole plethora of goodies are planned but for the time being its all about clearing the area so I can begin the process. I'm not happy at the prospect of no modelling for a while but I think it will be worth it in the long run ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ‘

• Like 1

It's well worth it Andy. You will love it.

ย 

By far and away the best thing I did on my build was to put in a full length clear roof panel.

It's only corrugated clear plastic, 12' x 3', run in line with the tin roof but the light in the shed is incredible. I don't get full sun on it, so it stays at a decent temperature and the light is even. I hardly ever use the place in the evenings as the light is so good during the day. I have a four core clear panel that I really should have fitted to the inside of the clear panel ages ago. That would up the insulation even more.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, TonyW said:

It's well worth it Andy. You will love it.

ย 

By far and away the best thing I did on my build was to put in a full length clear roof panel.

It's only corrugated clear plastic, 12' x 3', run in line with the tin roof but the light in the shed is incredible. I don't get full sun on it, so it stays at a decent temperature and the light is even. I hardly ever use the place in the evenings as the light is so good during the day. I have a four core clear panel that I really should have fitted to the inside of the clear panel ages ago. That would up the insulation even more.

The garage already has a traditional marley tiled apex roof so the ceiling of the garage will become my roof if you get what I mean ๐Ÿค”. My brother in law is an electrician so he will handle all things electrical and between us i think we will do a decent job ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ‘

• Like 3

Anyway I'm now officially a spectator rather than a builder for a while so build away chap's I'll be following ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ‘

• Like 1