AAC-1 Toucan from the Airfix Ju 52

Grandboof

Oof, that's a big old rescue job. Bit weird how the transparency disappeared completely! Hope you work it out. (I found out the hard way that gluing transparencies to painted surfaces, especially those with thin "surrounds" for cement to go on, doesn't offer the best chance of the windows staying put, so I tend to glue them in place, mask them from the inside and then paint the whole thing with the interior colour before removing the masks. Even then one of the transparencies on my current Potez was looking decidedly tenuous, I managed to get some additional glue on it off the end of a kebab skewer inserted through the cockpit aperture. Like keyhole surgery , it was. Fortunately I hadn't dropped the cockpit assembly into place yet, otherwise I wouldn't have been able to reach it!)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Evening All

The problems continue . Replacement windows fell in so I have now made new ones using Testors  window maker . Should have gone this route first Oh well

This is going to be slow  

Martin H

spacer.png

• Like 6

Evening all 

First up 

On 9/28/2021 at 7:12 AM, Adrian Hills said:

Martin,

Stick to it. You are obviously a determined and good modeller 😊

I doubt if good is accurate more like passable as for determined read stubborn 

On 9/30/2021 at 1:22 AM, Bertie Psmith said:

You certainly need determination to build 1964 era kits! Keep it up!

Nostalgia kick . The older you get the more you have 

Now the progress 

All engines fitted . The nose one needed some filing and scraping the others just a touch filed off . Nose exhausts will be added after the glare panel is painted . Should be easy right ? Tanks for looking 

Martin H

spacer.png

• Like 6

Evening All . 

Here is the beast before the clear parts disappear under masking tape again before the gloss varnish is applied . Now I will learn just how durable the home made windows are. Glare panel is done as are the props and engines . Decals to come . I doubt that this will a great result .

Thanks for looking 

Martin H

spacer.png

• Like 5

Evening All

Decaling has started . First problem the fin flashes are oversize and the first one split and didn't want to settle . So off it came . Painted stripes will look better anyway . The wing roundels have been persuaded with multiple coats of decal softener . The decal sheet has spare unit badges some of which may appear on a C-47 at some point . Wild thoughts and Ebay equals another kit on it's way. Tanks for looking in 

Martin H

spacer.png

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

Evening All 

Apologies for the delay . Fin stripes have been painted and most decals are one including the unit badges . Only the rest of the small serials on fin to go later once things have settled a bit . The rest of the bits and pieces to follow then the final dull coat . Thanks for dropping by 

Martin H

spacer.png

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...