AAC-1 Toucan from the Airfix Ju 52

Grandboof

Morning All,

Here is my victim for this . Through a bid in with 3 minutes to go . Have raided a DC-3 for the main wheels so ready to go . Best of luck to all members of this esteemed group. These are thing normal pics . Everything looks OK 

spacer.png

spacer.png

It will be this one from Indo China 

• Like 13

Evening all

Just a quick update . It is  started but only just . Flight deck together and a bit of primer splashed around . The next step is to work out the internal colours . I am leaning towards a darkish green . The kit is missing one horizontal tail plane but I do have donor just have to locate it . The wings will go together tonight . As always thanks for stopping by and comments are welcome 

Martin H 

spacer.png

• Like 7

Hi All

A little more done . First wings together . This seems to be a fairly early kit judging by the lack of flash. It seems that the molds were still quite new when this one was done . Copyright 1964 being pressed in one upper wing . 

spacer.png

I have etched a representation of the door that is on the starboard side at the first window behind the flight deck . Crew entry when the aircraft is fully loaded ? 

spacer.png

It needs a little more attention. Internal areas have been painted a light grey . 

Thanks for looking 

Martin H

• Like 9

Hi All 

Sides together and the office painted . I still have to do something about seat belts not sure yet but will probably be the usual tape affair. The wings are just for show at the moment . A dry fit indicates a dodgey fit of the cabin roof . The floor looks like being better . More soon thanks for looking 

Martin H

spacer.png

• Like 6

Hi All

Well now it has wings . Fuselage top and bottom on . As expected the roof gave a little trouble . A few gaps to tidy up and onto priming . I have a donor for the missing tail feathers . Comments welcome as always 

Martin H

spacer.png

• Like 9

Hi All 

Not much done except for fill and sand .  The office is done and clear parts fitted sort of . Thing would be rather drafty with  that gap . I have started work on the engines . More to follow soon 

Martin H

spacer.png

• Like 9

Good morning Martin 

I tried to sent you an email las night but  I received a message saying that it was impossible to deliver my message to your address.

Anyway on theses sites you will find interesting photos 

https://www.avionslegendaires.net/avion-militaire/amiot-aac-1-toucan/

https://recherche.aol.fr/aol/image;_ylt=AwrLE3VnMwph_WUA4S7UCWVH;_ylu=Y29sbwNpcjIEcG9zAzIEdnRpZAMEc2VjA3Nj?q=aac.1+toucan&v_t=aolfr-webmail2

Best regards 

Patrice 

• Like 2

Hi All 

Just a little more thanks to the donor kit . Tail feathers are on . Should have flaps etc done by tomorrow . Then more fill and sand . The plan is to leave the engines and cowls off until the main painting is done . The above links from Patrice are well worth a look. Thanks Patrice for your help . Comments as usual are welcome . 

Martin H

spacer.png

• Like 10

• 2 weeks later...

Grandboof, looking good so far. All I can say is that when you come to paint make it glossier than a glossy thing. Then you can lay those decals in and out of those ribs nicely and then apply matte coat. I say this as have already done five Junkers F13s and about to lavish my affections on a series of G24s. Enjoying your build 🙂

• Like 3

On 8/17/2021 at 6:11 AM, Adrian Hills said:

Grandboof, looking good so far. All I can say is that when you come to paint make it glossier than a glossy thing. Then you can lay those decals in and out of those ribs nicely and then apply matte coat. I say this as have already done five Junkers F13s and about to lavish my affections on a series of G24s. Enjoying your build 🙂

Thanks Adrian , I am not looking forward to decal application . 

Martin H

Evening All 

Well it now has legs as well as other bis and pieces . Masking tomorrow , a tad more filling and hopefully primer . Not much to excited about though . Comments always welcome 

Martin H

spacer.png

• Like 9

Evening All

Well some good news and some bad . First the good the silver is on now the bad . When removing the maskol the cabin windows fell in . This leaves three options : 1 Make new ones from Clearfix or similar 2 Try to remove the cabin roof and reattach the offending pieces or 3 Scrap it and start again using the donor kit . For now more coffee . Comments always welcome 

Martin H 

spacer.png

• Sad 8

Comments?

AAAARGH!

Must be very frustrating. I’ll be removing the masks from my Potez with extreme caution as I think there’s every chance the same might happen.

Hope you manage to save it!

• Like 1

Sorry to hear about the windows Martin.

Is there any chance if you manoeuvre the kit on its side you can get them back in place ?

Then a small drop of CA on a cocktail stick to one corner might be enough to begin recovery  ?

Best of luck

Cheers Pat

• Like 2

On 9/5/2021 at 8:01 PM, JOCKNEY said:

Sorry to hear about the windows Martin.

Is there any chance if you manoeuvre the kit on its side you can get them back in place ?

Then a small drop of CA on a cocktail stick to one corner might be enough to begin recovery  ?

Best of luck

Cheers Pat

Thanks Pat Not given up yet . I will try to jiggle them back into place . At least option 3 above is out 

Martin H

• Like 2

Evening All

Well some progress with a little destruction on the road to recovery . The cabin roof has been removed with a little persuasion . Some minor window frame damage but nothing that can't be fixed . One half of the port glazing has vanished from inside a sealed fuselage . How? Voodoo? With some more TLC this will live . Thanks for looking 

Martin H

spacer.png

• Like 6