Using DACO's F-16 stiffener plates

Supertom

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to build the F-16 RNlAF J-066 "Orange Jumper" from the 1999-2005 scheme (with the large kangaroo). On the side note of the sheet regarding the stiffener plates:

griztdY4_o.png

Does this mean I only use A, D, E, F, K & L? I'm confused.

A and D where only applied later, so the rest of the stiffener plates will be required to be used. You can see them in this photo from 2009 and this one from 2007

This photo (from 2020) shows that J-066 now has all the stiffners (incl. A and D), but back in early 2000's as per this photo she didn't have any.  

The A and D reinforcements are very difficult to spot in photos unless the angle is right, so I propose you do as you feel and just make a choice to either use them or not. But do use the rest of them! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Boman said:

A and D where only applied later, so the rest of the stiffener plates will be required to be used. You can see them in this photo from 2009 and this one from 2007

This photo (from 2020) shows that J-066 now has all the stiffners (incl. A and D), but back in early 2000's as per this photo she didn't have any.  

The A and D reinforcements are very difficult to spot in photos unless the angle is right, so I propose you do as you feel and just make a choice to either use them or not. But do use the rest of them! 

So does that mean J-066 didn't get the plates until the new scheme in 2006?