Hawk Classics Silly Surfer Hangin' Ten

Building and painting this caricature of my surfer friend, SA, was a fun project.  Nice to have fun back while modelling. The model is based upon the Hawks Classics Silly Surfers Hot Dogger Hangin' Ten.  The details of the project can be found in the Figures WIP.  The crab was painted to represent the Giant Samoan Crab.  The bird is supposed to be a Laysan Albatross.  Hope you enjoy viewing the model.

Don

12-SA.jpg

13-SA.jpg

14-SA.jpg

• Like 12
  • Haha 4

Don,

Fantastic job on the old Hawk kit. Great use of materials during your build to achieve a different look for the finished character. :thumbsup:

All The Best,

Ron VanDerwarker

• 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, don f said:

@f111guru @Bertie Psmith

Thank you for the kind words. This was a project unrelated to my usual aircraft subjects and presented me with challenges.  Perhaps I won't complain if volunteered to build the beach bunny.

Don

I probably wouldn't have been allowed her, back in the day. But yes do it. The Silly Surfer needs a friend to help apply the calamine lotion.

A fantastic series, and the perfect antidote to Olive Drab overload. One of the best things about  built examples is seeing how modellers paint them, the scope for inventiveness is huge, as Dons example perfectly demonstrates.

I am a bit biased though...

058.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, don f said:

@TonyW

Wow! What a great collection.  All original issue? I remember those bottles of Testor's paint and Pactra spray paint. 

Thanks Don.

The built kits are mainly re-issues. The collector in me won't let me build an original that's somehow survived up to now. I'll happily restore old, beat to death built kits as well.

Tony.