Bristol Beaufighter Mk.VIF 1/72 Hasegawa

1 hour ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Have to agree with you... Hasegawa's Whitley, Blenheim, Beaufort, Vampire, Jet Provost, Buccaneer (do I need to go on?) are exceptionally good kits aren't they! 
Great job Libor, that's really turned out superbly. 

Cheers.. Dave 

The fact that Hasegawa hasn't issued as many British aircraft as Airfix had has nothing to do with the high quality plastic, sharp moulding and superior panel lines. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Josip said:

The fact that Hasegawa hasn't issued as many British aircraft as Airfix had has nothing to do with the high quality plastic, sharp moulding and superior panel lines. 

Fair enough, however the fact that Libor has produced a very nice Hasegawa Beaufighter has nothing to do with Airfix panel lines either. Why drag this perceived ‘issue’ into a simple RFI thread? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Because it is a Beaufighter that was released in 1990s and the only other modern kit of a Beaufighter is the Airfix one from a 2020. We would and should expect a huge leap in quality from AIRFIX by now, but somehow we didn't get it. Their main advantage over Hasegawa is that their kit is widely available. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Josip said:

Because it is a Beaufighter that was released in 1990s and the only other modern kit of a Beaufighter is the Airfix one from a 2020. We would and should expect a huge leap in quality from AIRFIX by now, but somehow we didn't get it. Their main advantage over Hasegawa is that their kit is widely available. 

Libor has done a great job on the Hasegawa Beaufighter and the kit is a very nice looking model however if we are interested in shape - The Airfix (and High Planes) kits are much more accurate than the Hasegawa. Yes, its a shame the Airfix kits have less refined panel lines and details but availability isn't their only advantage. The Hasegawa kit is noticeably slimmer in the fuselage than the other 2, a problem it shares with the Hasegawa Spitfire VIII.

Cheers

Michael

• Thanks 1

Thanks for comments chaps! I think the all those opinions are exactly what the modelling is all about, does not matter if you are an active modeler or just a psycho nitpicker that never built a kit. Personally, I prefer the 'visual' aspect of the kit hence my preference for Hasegawa kits still prevails.

Cheers and take care,

Libor

• Like 3