Bristol Beaufighter Mk.VIF 1/72 Hasegawa

51 minutes ago, mick b said:

Is your book going to be reprinted at some point?

Hi Mike, I hope so, but it is a question for publisher:-)

Thanks everyone for kind comments!

Cheers

Libor

• Like 2

On 7/8/2021 at 7:03 AM, Josip said:

Now that's what I've been telling people all the time. Hasegawa models from the 1990s are sharper and better looking than the new Airfix ones.

Great job! 

I agree 100%. The Hasegawa kits from the late 1980's and 1990's are gorgeous. The engraved panel lines are perfect and not overdone. Believe it or not, many Fujimi kits from the 1970's, 1980's, and 1990's also have beautiful panel lines that are finely engraved.

• Like 1

Yet another stunning result Libor. Sorry for asking this again, but was the camo airbrushed freehand and if so, what were the paint mixture ratios? By the way, what airbrush do you use? Thanks again for sharing your beautiful work. By the way, I recently picked up the Air War Over Italy and Battle of Midway books and your build articles were excellent. Look forward to your next completion.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Hobo said:

Sorry for asking this again, but was the camo airbrushed freehand and if so, what were the paint mixture ratios? By the way, what airbrush do you use? Thanks again for sharing your beautiful work. By the way, I recently picked up the Air War Over Italy and Battle of Midway books and your build articles were excellent. Look forward to your next completion.

This time the camo was airbrushed via Blu-Tack pieces as I felt the transitions should be more sharper. The paint mixtures were approx 3:1 in favour of the thinner. I use Iwata HP-BH with built-in micro air pressure valve. 
Thanks for buying those books and I’m glad you like them!

Cheers

Libor

• Like 1

It turns out so perfect, that I am getting envious. A real masterpiece, with all that riveting. Perfect photography too. My deepest respect Sir!

Cheers 

Andy 

• Thanks 1

On 7/9/2021 at 12:03 AM, Josip said:

Now that's what I've been telling people all the time. Hasegawa models from the 1990s are sharper and better looking than the new Airfix ones.

Have to agree with you... Hasegawa's Whitley, Blenheim, Beaufort, Vampire, Jet Provost, Buccaneer (do I need to go on?) are exceptionally good kits aren't they! 
Great job Libor, that's really turned out superbly. 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1