Vickers Viking,the F resin 1/144 one.

This is my first RFI in the aircraft section,so I hope it comes out as ok! I always wanted a Vickers Viking kit ever since I had the Dinky toy diecast years and years ago. This is the recent F Resin kit which I found a bit rough round the edges to be honest,but cleans up just fine,the only real problem being the thinnest decals ever made,I cut the long fuselage decals in two for instance. The other little model is the Eduard Spitfire,just to compare sizes! I'm a car modeller so hope you like this little one! Chris.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 28

A beautiful job on that Chris, it has come up a treat. I never had a Dinky Viking, not for lack of wanting but they were very difficult to get over here back then. Seeing this lovely creation has brought back a wave of nostalgia :)

Steve.

• Like 1

Lovely job Chris.

F-RSIN kits need effort (sometimes a LOT of effort!) but they provide basic, accurate raw material and if the builder puts in the work the result will be an excellent model as you have demonstrated.  I really enjoy F-RSIN kits and I've built several over the years. I currently have a Viscount 700 at the decal stage and a Caravelle 10B in mid-build. If you really want to see "rough around the edges" you should check out the Caravelle but its outline accuracy is spot-on. 

Incidentally the company name is F-RSIN which is a play on a French airliner registration, same as F-DCAL.

Thanks for sharing and all the best

Dave G

• Like 2

Thank you to Wulfman,Steve,Kenny? And Dave G for all the positives!  I realise after I posted about the name when I saw the box again in the recycling bin! I'm used to mostly resin and white metal kits so not averse to anything short run but plastic kits still scare me a bit......I've made 3 or 4 1/144 kits and this is the very first airliner I've built ever. Chris.

• Like 1

It's always nice to see a very well made airliner model here. Congratulations on a very successful build.

• Like 1