Grumman F7F-2N Tigercat "Big Bird"

That's beautiful, what a great model. The finish is flawless, very impressive indeed!

I remember this kit being very nice to build, but like you found, the gear was so fiddly I went for wheels up in the end!

One of your best, if you don't mind me saying 👍

Alan

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, russ c said:

Wow! wasn`t expecting that Gary. Nice to see one a bit different to the norm` and really nicely done too 

Hey Russ!  I do so appreciate that.  Thanks for the nice comments!  I'm happy you stopped by and had a look. 😀

6 hours ago, Wulfman said:

Gorgeous build and presentation, excellent modelling !

Wulfman

Wulfman, you're too kind sir!   Many thanks for the wonderful compliments!  😀

6 hours ago, Alan P said:

That's beautiful, what a great model. The finish is flawless, very impressive indeed!

I remember this kit being very nice to build, but like you found, the gear was so fiddly I went for wheels up in the end!

One of your best, if you don't mind me saying 👍

Alan

And thank you as well Alan!   That is so nice of you to say.   It was a long slog but it turned out well.   And yeah, I think this one, along with last year's F-84E Korean War "bomb truck", are probably my best models.  Hey, after 33 years of this, I may get the hang of it yet. 😀

Dear friends, it's now 12:32AM, just after midnight in central Texas, and I checked my email on the way to bed.  I found more comments and also more "likes" for this one.  I am truly touched.   Thank you all again for encouraging my efforts and the support you give here. You are really a fine group of people and I'm proud to be among you.   I bid you good night, but it's more like "good morning" for folks over there.   Have a good Sunday y'all! :bye:

• Like 3

• 11 months later...
5 hours ago, SoftScience said:

This is a thing of immense beauty! I recently discovered your work and just love everything about what you do. This model though...just absolutely wow! 

Oh my, what a pleasant surprise to see my Tigercat get some more love!    Thanks @SoftScience for your wonderful comments!   :worthy: I am so glad that you like her! 😃

And thanks also @ilj for the "like"! 🍺

Here's wishing all a great Saturday night!   :D

Gary I did not know you did masterpieces, as obviously this Tiger cat is! Congratulations, BUT, give me some more! Cheers.

• Thanks 1

On 6/18/2022 at 2:15 PM, Zigomar said:

Gary I did not know you did masterpieces, as obviously this Tiger cat is! Congratulations, BUT, give me some more! Cheers.

Jean, she's far from a masterpiece, but I am very happy to read your wonderful comments mon ami! :worthy:  It doesn't seem like a year has passed since I presented the model here, but it almost has.    As for more, I do have some pics of my work under my profile here at BM.    Please have a look and see if there are any you may have missed.  Cheers to you as well Jean! 🥂

Thanks also to @Unfinished project, @Bigglesof266, @Maginot@Pantherhawk27263, @Mozzy19 and @CJP for their recent likes for the Tigercat!   Cheers gentlemen! 🍻

Edited by Gary Brantley
added thanks

What a beauty – you really nailed the elegant look of the Tigercat. Itˋs one of my favorite propeller driven airplanes. I fly it as an RC model – in the blue Navy/Marines livery. But love the yellow a lot.

Cheers,

Michael

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, WildeSau75 said:

What a beauty – you really nailed the elegant look of the Tigercat. Itˋs one of my favorite propeller driven airplanes. I fly it as an RC model – in the blue Navy/Marines livery. But love the yellow a lot.

Cheers,

Michael

Thanks so much for your kind comments Michael @WildeSau75:D  I really appreciate it! 🍺

• Thanks 1

This Tigercat is one of your finest efforts Gary.  You did an exceptional job at applying the yellow color evenly and we all know that yellow is by no means and easy color to work with.  A standing ovation is in order for you good sir.  :clap2:

Mike

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Sky Keg said:

This Tigercat is one of your finest efforts Gary.  You did an exceptional job at applying the yellow color evenly and we all know that yellow is by no means and easy color to work with.  A standing ovation is in order for you good sir.  :clap2:

Mike

Mike, what a wonderful comment to wake up to here in hot ol' Central Texas! :thumbsup:  Thanks so much my good friend for those kind words.   They mean a lot to me Mike!  🍻

And thanks also to @Dric for your "like" for the model!  Cheers! 🍺

• Like 1