Folded and Faded - 1/72 Cyberhobby F6F-3

Thanks @shortCummins and @81-er !

I had to scratch a replacement for the lost gear bay part - it's no @giemme yogurt cup work, but it will do for now.

IMG_20210721_160056

And then cleaned up some of the overspray on the white portions, and painted the stripe on the tail:

IMG_20210722_115555

I managed to accidentally mask off part of one of the stripes, and it required a fix:

IMG_20210722_132305

And started the decals/transfers:

IMG_20210722_181237

I wanted to make Flatley's CAG '00', but I didn't have enough zeroes! So I went with a non-descript '9', since my Techmod numbers sheet came with plenty of those.

IMG_20210722_181327

IMG_20210722_183209

And started a little bit of the rivet wheel work:

IMG_20210722_183308

I think I'll apply the matt coat before any more riveting.

• Like 10

Well, the end game was pretty frustrating with this one, but it's nearly done!

I figured I better get some pics of the fuselage before attaching the wings

IMG_20210725_104059

IMG_20210725_104107

IMG_20210725_104154

I had a really difficult time seeing the stressed effects when applying the rivets, and they don't line up how they should (where they're visible anyway), so that's a little disappointing.

But, it's nearly there. Everything you see here fell off about five times and had to be re-attached.

IMG_20210725_114333

Ooh, looks like I need to de-saturate the prop a little.

• Like 13

Looks really great to me Cookie! I'm also fascinated by the difference in the blue finish between that last picture and the preceding ones. I'm guessing the actual colour might be somewhere in between?

Terry

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Terry1954 said:

Looks really great to me Cookie! I'm also fascinated by the difference in the blue finish between that last picture and the preceding ones. I'm guessing the actual colour might be somewhere in between?

Thanks Terry!

The second pic was taken outside while the others are indoors. I didn't realize how different the blue looked until I posted the pic! It's the same camera, so my only guess is that it's an exceptionally bright day and it washed everything out. I have to admit that I like the indoor pics a lot more, and am thinking about replacing the pics in the Gallery (outdoor too) - usually it's usually the other way around!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Cookie! I only just discovered this thread today (I am a failed human being) and sat and read it straight through while my children fought to the death over a lego piece. (I'll see who the winner was later.) You've had a lot of trials and tribulations on this build, and I imagine you were pretty frustrated at times, but the results speak for themselves. I hope you recognize what an incredible achievement this is here, both on the painting and weathering side, and on the construction side as well. This is some exquisite Real ModellingTM and you should be justly proud.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2