Airco and De Havilland - from stick and string to the jet age! Chat

• Marklo changed the title to Airco and De Havilland - At 20 and counting
50 minutes ago, Marklo said:

Ooh I really love the DH10 just narrowly missed out on an Aurora kit on Evilbay this week.

Well, I built the 1975/6 reissue when it came out - only have the nacelles left from that one now, so I'd like to see how much trouble I can get into now I know a lot more about the type. OTOH, the Merlin kit is just hard expletive deleted graft by all accounts, but I've seen a lovely little model made out of it, so that'd also be interesting to see if I can come anywhere near that standard - or even make it look like an aeroplane. I've had the Aurora kit for around 15 years, the Merlin longer than I care to remember. In fact I can't remember, so maybe I never bought it and it just grew.

Paul.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • Marklo changed the title to Airco and De Havilland - At 21 and counting
  • Marklo changed the title to Airco and De Havilland - At 22 and counting
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Cmon guys there’s a new tool Airfix 1/48  Vampire on the way soon, even I’d like to get my hands on one for the ( potential) GB ( it would of course be in Aer Corp colours)

Edited by Marklo

• Marklo changed the title to Airco and De Havilland - We only need 8 more!!!
  • Marklo changed the title to Airco and De Havilland - seems it’s time gas not yet come . Only 7 more names for 2023 !
  • Marklo changed the title to Airco and De Havilland - seems it’s time gas not yet come . At 25 still should be good for the 2023 bunfight!
  • Marklo changed the title to Airco and De Havilland - seems it’s time has not yet come . At 26 still should be good for the 2023 bunfight!
  • Marklo changed the title to Airco and De Havilland - seems it’s time has not yet come . At 27 still should be good for the 2023 bunfight!
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

As I have a lot of those planes as kits, it might be a good way of getting some of them built. The DH60 beckons as it was one of the first kits I built when I  started to add detail. It was from the old Frog/Novo kit. It would be the AModel kit this time. 

• Marklo changed the title to Airco and De Havilland - seems it’s time has not yet come . At 28 still should be good for the 2023 bunfight!
  • 2 weeks later...
On 13/10/2021 at 22:04, Marklo said:

Cmon guys there’s a new tool Airfix 1/48  Vampire on the way soon, even I’d like to get my hands on one for the ( potential) GB ( it would of course be in Aer Corp colours)

I got one of those! And could easily have my rubber arm twisted into getting a Tamiya 1/48 Mossie or, shudder, a Trumpy 1/48 Hornet! So I'll push you over the line, I think, 30 right? 

• Thanks 1

• Marklo changed the title to Airco and De Havilland - now at 29!!!!

And I'll go for #31 as I worked at Hatfield (in the 70s during school holidays) and my father did nearly 40 years there! I have plenty of de H types to build!

• Thanks 1

• Marklo changed the title to Airco and De Havilland - now at 31 yay!!!
On 12/02/2022 at 22:01, Marklo said:

I know I’m being childishly impatient, but Mods - could we be moved to the Bunfight forum, please, please, please 

The first step in fixing a problem is acknowledging its existence :D

Enzo's been doing such a good job with the GBs over the last few years that I've got no clue what the function of the Bun Fight sub-forum is :hmmm:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Mike said:

The first step in fixing a problem is acknowledging its existence :D

Enzo's been doing such a good job with the GBs over the last few years that I've got no clue what the function of the Bun Fight sub-forum is :hmmm:

Easier to round up all the possible builds in one location, that way come November no one gets forgotten. As soon as the signatories reach the minimum, they usually get moved.  

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Just thought I’d bring this back to the top of the pile to see if we can keep it in the voting consciousness. Would hate for this one not to get through the next bunfight, particularly as I’ve just had a look through the stash and these aren’t going to build themselves 😄

51964328590_35e5e788d9_b.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Marklo changed the title to Airco and De Havilland - now at 32 yay!!!
  • 3 months later...

Surely longevity and previous offences should be taken into account while counting up the votes.....

y4m_3mVmuLlsB-ihoo5wcRj_6AXh4aPR9ff2D0Hh

....because, spanning (see what I did there?) over 45 years (Dove, Gipsy Moth) to this afternoon (Moth Major), with at least four other offences to be taken into consideration (Mossie, Puss Moth, Dragonfly and DH125), we should be allocating multiple votes? So I make that...1,2,3 err 4, 5........11, 12, 13, 14 - plus 32, errm....

So that makes it ... 46 now! Yay!!!

Just kidding. Put me down for a definite.

But what about all you builders with multiple DH models. Put a group pic on here and see if we can generate some serious momentum.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Marklo changed the title to Airco and De Havilland - now at 33 yay!!!