Airco and De Havilland - from stick and string to the jet age! Chat

On 30/03/2022 at 20:57, Roland Pulfrew said:

Just thought I’d bring this back to the top of the pile to see if we can keep it in the voting consciousness. Would hate for this one not to get through the next bunfight, particularly as I’ve just had a look through the stash and these aren’t going to build themselves 😄

51964328590_35e5e788d9_b.jpg

We are going to need sedate @Enzo Matrixwhen he sees that picture  ! :thumbsup:

Cheers Pat 

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • Marklo changed the title to Airco and De Havilland - now at 35 yay!!!
  • Marklo changed the title to Airco and De Havilland - in the bunfight!!!!
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Marklo changed the title to Airco and De Havilland - on the ragged edge just a few more votes could get us over the line!!!!!
7 hours ago, galgos said:

Glad to see the de Havilland GB having a bit of a resurgence, just need to keep the impetus going! 

Yes we do. I think that this one is right on the sweet spit between diversity and coherence and should make for an interesting GB if it makes the cut.

• Like 3

• Marklo changed the title to Airco and De Havilland - back on the ragged edge just a few more votes could get us over the line!!!!!

Glad to see this one made it, as I have a couple of eligible kits in the stash and a couple more on the wanted list.

In the stash:

Aeroclub 1/48 Sea Venom

Airfix 1/48 Sea Vixen

On wanted list:

Airfix 1/48 Vampire + Xtradecal X48220 (for 614 (County of Glamorgan) Sqdn RAuxAF decals) 

MikroMir 1/48 Venom

Ant

• Like 2

My plans for this GB:

1/72  DHC-2 Beaver.   The re-released Airfix kit

1/72  Hornet.  The AZ Model kit.  As there are a few nice schemes for this aircraft, it's probable that I will build more than one.  And yes, I'll be correcting the nacelles.

1/72 Sea Vixen.   The Cyber Hobby kit in a Revell box.   Should go well with the DH 110 that I'm currently building in the Prototypes GB.     

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Enzo the Magnificent said:

My plans for this GB:

1/72  DHC-2 Beaver.   The re-released Airfix kit

1/72  Hornet.  The AZ Model kit.  As there are a few nice schemes for this aircraft, it's probable that I will build more than one.  And yes, I'll be correcting the nacelles.

1/72 Sea Vixen.   The Cyber Hobby kit in a Revell box.   Should go well with the DH 110 that I'm currently building in the Prototypes GB.     

Lovely selection. Looking forward to the AZ kit too, although being a PR boxing, I might do that in Recce; and given I wanted to build in parallel with the older SH kit for comparison I could do that one here maybe... Addictive this GB planning isn't it? All promise and excitement before the crushing realities of stalled builds and missed deadlines inevitably comes smashing down 😅

Currently working on the Revell/CH vixen as well. Having faffed with it more than was probably sensible, I might suggest, depending upon your taste, just building out of box? The good thing about the kit is how well it builds, and that positive, I'm finding, gets somewhat nullified if you get bogged down correcting the (not insubstantial) number of accuracy issues. 

Wish I'd picked up a copy of that nice Hobartville Hobbies 3D print DH 50 kit that @Ed Russell built so nicely earlier this year.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ngantek said:

Currently working on the Revell/CH vixen as well. Having faffed with it more than was probably sensible, I might suggest, depending upon your taste, just building out of box? The good thing about the kit is how well it builds, and that positive, I'm finding, gets somewhat nullified if you get bogged down correcting the (not insubstantial) number of accuracy issues.

That's good advice which I'm certainly going to follow. :thanks: 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, 2996 Victor said:

I'd like to join with this GB if I may? My contribution (if it could be called that!) would be a Kovozavody Prostejov AIRCO DH.5 from the Australian Flying Corps boxing.

Excellent!  I'm hoping that we see a nice selection of biplanes in this Group Build :)

• Like 1