Mojo restorer - Airfix 1/72 Tomahawk iib (x2)

Hi there everyone!

A long time since my last post. I have suffered from modelling block since April, due to a fast paced build I did as a retirement gift for a colleague, that all my other colleagues funded. Due to the time pressure and also the wish to get it ‘perfect’ it really stressed me out. Naturally this isn’t something you want from a hobby so apart from adding to the ever expanding stash, I have not cut plastic in nearly 3 months. 

For those of you who are interested here is the build I did for my colleague, a 1/48 Revell Tornado with all the trimmings! It was extremely satisfying to finish!

51295889566_9e34746ddd_b.jpg

51296067253_d1c67a1975_b.jpg

Anyhow, enough with these modern (ish) jets. Let’s get back to my bread and butter. So as an easy (is there such a thing in this hobby) way to get back into the swing of things I have opted to do two of these starter boxing’s of the airfix p-40b. One I received as a gift and the other was bought for a fiver at Aldi. I love the 112 squadron markings so one will be in those, whereas the other will be in 26 squadron markings from RAF Gatwick in 1941 (decals kindly donated by @PhantomBigStu, thanks mate). I believe this should be in DuPont RAF equivalent colours, so I bought the Vallejo versions. I am unsure if I will use them as I am not sure how accurate they are. 

51295888611_6b9a7a35e6_b.jpg

51296895520_e118520601_b.jpg

So I cleaned the parts and started some painting. With this I couldn’t see the benefit of airbrushing the interior so started with a nice Zinc Chromate Green from the Modelmaster acrylics range. Although the shade might not be spot on for the aircraft, I love the colour. I also put together a few other bits, finding the fit (so far) to be excellent. 

51295881136_efea68966d_b.jpg

Cheers!

Ash

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

these little p-40s are practically building themselves. I didn’t get any images of the cockpits by themselves but here is one as best as I can get it:

51323241871_c936ba67a4_b.jpg

I have practically assembled the rest of the airframe, filled and sanded a little bit with CA and Mr Dissolved putty, fit is pretty good everywhere, not quite Tamiya but I’m happy with them. 

51323442088_88d4ccd642_b.jpg

Won’t be long before I splash some paint on! (The Best Bit)

Cheers

Ash

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Well this stagnated didn’t it?

I lost my motivation to carry on with the WIP as it all felt fairly arbitrary, no issues with construction etc. Here are the completed articles however:

Airfix P-40 x2

RFI here.

Ash

Edited by Doccur
  • Like 4