ICM/Revell MiG-25 RBT

Good evening folks,

today I want to present my latest finished kit. It's the fantastic ICM x Revell 1:48th scale kit of the Soviet Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-25 RBT Foxbat-B reconnaissance plane. I'll keep this one short - I had an absolute blast during the build. At the first glance it looks rather complicated although the box doesn't contain that many parts but as ICM has a few different MiG-25's on offer, the modular construction of the fuselage makes sense but as mentioned it looks strange at first because it isn't the usual top and bottom half. But the whole thing goes together nicely and because the kit is cleverly engineered, the construction leads to fewer seams and edges which need cleaning and sanding. The only thing that was a bit problematic was the gear. At least on my kit it was a bit wobbly and only became stable after the Loctite super glue dried. Also on a lot of photos the MiG-25 RBT seems to be slanted a bit to the back, which isn't the case here, the main gear struts would need to be shortened for that. The rest is absolutely fine in my opinion. That said - I'm not counting rivets :P  Apart from adding a lot and I really mean a lot of weight into the nose and some blackout curtains onto the canopy made from wax paper, the build was strictly OOB, painted with mostly Tamiya and Vallejo paints and weathered with AMMO panel line washes, oil paints and micro chipping done with other Vallejo paints. It was also the first time I used chipping fluid. In the end everything was sealed with semi gloss Tamiya varnish as usual.

P.S. this thing is large! :D

Hope you like it :) Till next time!

spacer.png
spacer.png
spacer.png
spacer.png
spacer.png
spacer.png

spacer.png
spacer.png
spacer.png
spacer.png
spacer.png
spacer.png
spacer.png
spacer.png
spacer.png
spacer.png
spacer.pngspacer.png
spacer.png
spacer.png
spacer.png
spacer.png
spacer.png
spacer.png

• Like 30

Thank you guys :)

@HansReggelsen Looking forward to yours! I'm sure it will look splendid! :thumbsup:

@dov I watch it quite regularly, your MiG-31 is turning out mighty fine! Thanks for the tip, it'll come in handy pretty soon I'm sure. Next box on the table is HB's MiG-31M. I would have started it by now but I've got a...lets say a logistical problem :whistle:

2 hours ago, dov said:

For your 31: HB? The front gear is so do I hope ok. At AMK a nightmere. 

Happy modelling 

Well it's partly made from metal, so time will tell if that's worth anything but I actually haven't looked into the construction yet so I'm just hoping for the best :D I'm a bit skeptical about the rubber tires, though. Maybe I'll replace the wheels with resin parts.
Hope your build is going smoother now and you can still enjoy it after that bumpy start:)

Edited by RupertTheBear
  • Like 1