A trio of Vulcans; XM594 - Waddington, 1981. XL426 - Scampton, 1981. XL317 - Scampton, 1963 (Airfix 1/72 New-Tool)

20 hours ago, WV908 said:

I'm gonna have to buy a fourth now! 🤣

A forth is not out of the question, will have to be another releace though with different options though. Black Buck and a 201 powered machine would sway me.

Gondor

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Gondor44 said:

A forth is not out of the question, will have to be another releace though with different options though. Black Buck and a 201 powered machine would sway me.

Gondor

My fourth would either be a Black Buck example, or XM655 in her current scheme. XH558 isn't really on my radar and I'm already building two 200 series aircraft, one of which is in wraparound camo so I'm not too worried. 

Cheers,

WV908

On 12/07/2021 at 18:13, WV908 said:

I'd take a short shot wing over a missing one haha - it's sad that these QC issues continue to creep through. I remember the amount of 1st batch Sea Furies that were missing their tails. 

Anyway, have a photo of XL317's cockpit dry fitted;

PXL_20210712_162319975

Erm, I've put *quite a bit* of weight in there as you can see. 

Cheers,

WV908

How much weight did you use?  I just went with the 16gms as advised! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WV908 said:

My fourth would either be a Black Buck example, or XM655 in her current scheme. XH558 isn't really on my radar and I'm already building two 200 series aircraft, one of which is in wraparound camo so I'm not too worried. 

Cheers,

WV908

What about XH558 in her original scheme? Only wide intake Vulcan B1 to wear the B1/early B2 scheme with full shade roundels and black serials on white

avro-vulcan-b2-xh558-9890307.jpg

L9jantLWLb8vJxqNdtL3QSHs9HdT-PAMsPRaboQU

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/proxy/L9jantLWLb8vJxqNdtL3QSHs9HdT-PAMsPRaboQUZWtOfZ4lsCfqPZV6AJQm8ks5SBMJXFPHlBDSXGAXKEkeGpOF3CYGZvzKdY0GXpTzfoXudN2_0Y7LxHgH85ke https://www.mediastorehouse.com/p/164/avro-vulcan-b2-xh558-9890307.jpg

Edited by Adam Poultney
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, Andy350 said:

How much weight did you use?  I just went with the 16gms as advised! 

Err I just filled it with BB pellets until it was full haha. 

Cheers,

WV908

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Adam Poultney said:

What about XH558 in her original scheme? Only wide intake Vulcan B1 to wear the B1/early B2 scheme with full shade roundels and black serials on white

avro-vulcan-b2-xh558-9890307.jpg

L9jantLWLb8vJxqNdtL3QSHs9HdT-PAMsPRaboQU

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/proxy/L9jantLWLb8vJxqNdtL3QSHs9HdT-PAMsPRaboQUZWtOfZ4lsCfqPZV6AJQm8ks5SBMJXFPHlBDSXGAXKEkeGpOF3CYGZvzKdY0GXpTzfoXudN2_0Y7LxHgH85ke https://www.mediastorehouse.com/p/164/avro-vulcan-b2-xh558-9890307.jpg

I am very tempted since it is a unique scheme, but I was thinking of building 558 during her MMR period or with OCU markings in white. 

Definitely will not consider building 558 as a K2 as I'll be building XH560 at some point.

Cheers,

WV908

11 hours ago, WV908 said:

Err I just filled it with BB pellets until it was full haha. 

Cheers,

WV908

I thought mine was underweighted, I used 16g and not the 40g that is required FFS!

40 grams are required? Ouch.

I guess you could separate the nose cone, drill into the weight compartment and add more? 

I plan on building a K2, which means a chunk of resin right in the tail. That will be fun to balance. 

Cheers,

WV908. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, WV908 said:

40 grams are required? Ouch.

I guess you could separate the nose cone, drill into the weight compartment and add more? 

I plan on building a K2, which means a chunk of resin right in the tail. That will be fun to balance. 

Cheers,

WV908. 

I went the drastic route and drilled through the completed nose section! I will have to fill and sand, luckily I gained a lot of experience during the 1/72 concorde!

Thanks.  Good luck with the K2.

• Like 1

I think I have seen comments about missing crew door jacks and included parking struts on the main gear. Hopefully theses photos may help.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Note the jury strut across the gear bay which is complementary to the extra strut on the gear leg for long-term parking and also braces the structure to allow some access panels to be opened safely for maintenance.

Also note the "Remove Before Flight" warning flags.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

I don't know how detailed the bomb bay and gear bays are, but these examples of the real thing (XL426) may help.

This is part of the starboard side of the bomb bay. The olive green component (left) is the emergency hydraulic power pack. To the right are an oxygen cylinder (black) and fire bottles (blue).

spacer.png

This is the forward outboard side of a main gear bay.

spacer.png

I have similar pictures of the rest of the bomb bay and the wheel wells on file if anyone wants to see them.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, XrayLima said:

I have similar pictures of the rest of the bomb bay and the wheel wells on file if anyone wants to see them

Yes please, lovely clear photos, Thank you for posting

On 7/24/2021 at 12:08 PM, STRAT'71 said:

They never turned up and no response to my follow up PMs.

Repaired the part myself.

Apologies for my absence everyone - been a very busy few weeks with no time for modelling at all (that and the Hobby room has been way too hot)

My parts from Jack turned up but equally have had no responses to PMs since.

Cheers,

WV908