A trio of Vulcans; XM594 - Waddington, 1981. XL426 - Scampton, 1981. XL317 - Scampton, 1963 (Airfix 1/72 New-Tool)

1 hour ago, Jack Ruskin said:

the list of people with short shot faults seems to be growing, hope the spares dept' can cope ?

I'd take a short shot wing over a missing one haha - it's sad that these QC issues continue to creep through. I remember the amount of 1st batch Sea Furies that were missing their tails. 

Anyway, have a photo of XL317's cockpit dry fitted;

PXL_20210712_162319975

Erm, I've put *quite a bit* of weight in there as you can see. 

Cheers,

WV908

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Jack Ruskin said:

the list of people with short shot faults seems to be growing, hope the spares dept' can cope ?

Do I feel lucky..?🤔 Hmm, better open up mine and have a check...

Rich

Update: Phew! QA checks now completed and happy to report every thing seems to be in place and fully formed - no extraneous intakes in the wing etc. No visible warping of parts. Dontcha just love Airfix! Good luck everyone. 

Edited by RichG
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, STRAT'71 said:

Started one of mine.

I don’t know what it is called, but is one of four of those pipes under the jammer plates

is missing the front section.

Fortunately easy to fix.

i have those surplus if interested ?

9 hours ago, WV908 said:

Update - Spare wings are available and have been posted today! 

Maybe Hornby should take a page out of their sister company's book. Fantastic service from the Airfix spares team here. 

Cheers,

WV908

Have to say I checked mine today and found both upper wings short shot .. emailed airfix this morning.. in the post by lunch time .. we’ll done them 

• Like 1

I went and checked both of my kits today, nothing short shot but I noticed that one of the underside vent covers, part F16 was missing from the sprue.  Good job each sprue is bagged I thought, I carefully opened the bag and checked the inside, no vent, it must have been knocked off before being bagged.  Don't suppose it will be difficult to make one. 🙄 

• Sad 1

49 minutes ago, viper-30 said:

Have to say I checked mine today and found both upper wings short shot .. emailed airfix this morning.. in the post by lunch time .. we’ll done them 

That's really good of the spares department.

Equally that's gonna be a lot of broken up kits sat in their office readily available as spares. 

Would you be able to show us how bad your wings are please? 

Cheers,

WV908

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RichG said:

Do I feel lucky..?🤔 Hmm, better open up mine and have a check...

Rich

Update: Phew! QA checks now completed and happy to report every thing seems to be in place and fully formed - no extraneous intakes in the wing etc. No visible warping of parts. Dontcha just love Airfix! Good luck everyone. 

Checked mine over today everything seems OK. Airfix's Dakota kit suffers quite a bit from short shots, the other thing while I was looking over the sprues correct me if I'm wrong but there are two sets of exhaust nozzles one set for the 301's and the others for the 201's 

Let’s hope the Airfix spares department are as helpful when complaints start coming through from their International customers. History shows that they are more than helpful to assist UK modellers, however its a closed wallet case when it comes to sending parts overseas. I just hope when I eventually get mine, its all good? 

Cheers.. Dave 

p.s. Really nice to see modellers helping each other where possible here. Great going chaps. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, WV908 said:

That's really good of the spares department.

Equally that's gonna be a lot of broken up kits sat in their office readily available as spares. 

Would you be able to show us how bad your wings are please? 

Cheers,

WV908

spacer.pngspacer.png{

spacer.png

• Sad 5

On 7/11/2021 at 11:18 AM, XrayLima said:

XL426's fin was repainted in 2018 using multilayer masks custom made by Flightlinegraphics to match the pre-existing markings.

spacer.pngspacer.png

If it helps the debate about the Doppler (Green Satin) panel, this is 426's today. I believe it is still as it was when she retired in 1986 but no doubt there will have been different 'mod' states and paint schemes earlier in her career.

spacer.png

Thanks for the photos Xray Lima - providing the aftermarket Olympus 202 faces appear on the market pretty quick, XL426 is jumping the queue ahead of XM594 :)

Cheers,

WV908

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WV908 said:

Thanks for the photos Xray Lima - providing the aftermarket Olympus 202 faces appear on the market pretty quick, XL426 is jumping the queue ahead of XM594 :)

Cheers,

WV908

from these photos and a few ive just been looking at Victors loading Blue Steel on a flikr account Ive just stumbled across, would a satin or gloss finish come the closest to in service subjects?

One thing is for sure, its certainly not matt

4 hours ago, viper-30 said:

spacer.pngspacer.png{

spacer.png

I'd love to know how much a unit cost is per kit. Looks like the lowest quality crowd they go to produce this model and then charge a small fortune

17 minutes ago, Sparkie said:

from these photos and a few ive just been looking at Victors loading Blue Steel on a flikr account Ive just stumbled across, would a satin or gloss finish come the closest to in service subjects?

One thing is for sure, its certainly not matt

I wouldn't know I'm afraid, sorry :(