Jaguar canopies

I recently bought a Kitty Hawk 1/48 2 seat Jaguar. Both opening canopy parts were cracked, due to how they had been packed in the box. Neither the shipper or KH have any spares.

I did hear a whisper that others have had similar problems - is there anyone else on the forum with a similar problem?

I'm going to approach someone to cast me some clear resin replacements. Obviously if there is enough interest, this would be a bigger incentive.

Over to you guys.

Frank

• Like 1

On 7/6/2021 at 3:50 AM, bentwaters81tfw said:

I recently bought a Kitty Hawk 1/48 2 seat Jaguar. Both opening canopy parts were cracked, due to how they had been packed in the box. Neither the shipper or KH have any spares.

I did hear a whisper that others have had similar problems - is there anyone else on the forum with a similar problem?

I'm going to approach someone to cast me some clear resin replacements. Obviously if there is enough interest, this would be a bigger incentive.

Over to you guys.

Frank

I feel sorry for your model Frank as also I got a Hasewaga Sepecat Jaguar with canopy cracked but in 1/72 scale never been able to get the replacement

Cheers up 

Armando

On 7/6/2021 at 9:50 PM, bentwaters81tfw said:

Over to you guys.

Frank

Hi Frank. I'm another that received one with the main canopy cracked in half. After 2 years of trying to get a replacement via both Hannant's and Kittyhawk, I found another kit just across the Tasman in OZ at a great price which has now arrived undamaged. I now have a lot of spare parts in one box, but may build a second one as being under maintenance!!!

Cheers,

Pete M

19 minutes ago, Pete M. said:

Hi Frank. I'm another that received one with the main canopy cracked in half. After 2 years of trying to get a replacement via both Hannant's and Kittyhawk, I found another kit just across the Tasman in OZ at a great price which has now arrived undamaged. I now have a lot of spare parts in one box, but may build a second one as being under maintenance!!!

Cheers,

Pete M

Hi Pete.

Yes I was discussing this yesterday. As the bulk of the retired Jaguar fleet ended up on the airfield where Bentwaters museum is located, our Walkaround section is very extensive in terms of Jaguars in various states of undress. We have a live Jaguar of our own, and there is still a twin stick example in situ.

• Like 1

I'm not usually a jet modeller, but a few years ago during one of my Telford trips to the UK I did a walkaround of the twin seater at Newark as it was right out in the open in front of their hangar and too good a chance to ignore it for others! Revisited it again in 2019 so got a few more photos.

Now, what is the original base colour on that one..lots of shades to replicate as I will be doing XX289 as now displayed???

Cheers,

Pete M.

13 hours ago, Pete M. said:

It'll be interesting to see if you do receive one!  All my messages to Kittyhawk have so far gone unanswered...👎

I did contact their spares lady by email and was told no spares, but the Chinese shipper seems to have had more success

• Like 1

On 19/07/2021 at 10:25, Pete M. said:

I'm not usually a jet modeller, but a few years ago during one of my Telford trips to the UK I did a walkaround of the twin seater at Newark as it was right out in the open in front of their hangar and too good a chance to ignore it for others! Revisited it again in 2019 so got a few more photos.

Now, what is the original base colour on that one..lots of shades to replicate as I will be doing XX289 as now displayed???

Cheers,

Pete M.

Umm??? XX289 is a Hawk, not a Jag.

• Sad 1