Official Special Hobby Westland Whirlwind advertisement

• GiampieroSilvestri changed the title to Official Special Hobby Westland Whirlwind advertisement

Can you imagine what the girl must have said and thought when asked to do that? A toy plane? Go on, really?

Obviously a bit of overt 1980's sexism sells kits....

Dave

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, fishplanebeer said:

Hannants didn't mention a free blonde when back ordering but I think the extra postage would have put me off.

Regards

Colin.

Hi

I would happily pay the extra postage

cheers

jerry 

• Haha 1

Sorry, don't get this at all. I think the people at Special Hobby have been watching too many car, drinks etc adverts. Even if it was the right scale, I cannot see me rushing out to buy a kit on the strength of a blonde showing a bit of cleavage with someone pointing a desk fan at her out of shot. Must be a cultural thing. 

• Like 1

Very impressive Special Hobby, I’m intrigued to know what ‘opening line’ was used to get her to come inside and fondle your Whirlwind! 

On second thoughts… I don’t care how good looking you are… please DO NOT TOUCH my models! 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Rabbit Leader said:

DO NOT TOUCH my models

Hear hear. The only one allowed to touch my models and maybe breaking parts of them is myself!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stew Dapple said:

I'm genuinely not being facetious here, but maybe it is her model. 

Perhaps Stew, however her body shape would hardly suggests she spends hours sitting on her behind, peering through a flood lit optivisor whilst inhaling microns of resin dust... I could be wrong though! 😉
Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

What is wrong with me!? I really am seriously watching this going, wow, look at the interior detail and the detail on the propellers! I've been building models for far, far too long... But then again, I have seen young women before in my travels, but a 1/32nd scale Westland Whirlwind - WOW!

Regards,

Jason

Edited by Learstang
Additional comments added.
  • Like 3
  • Haha 8

Sorry ... BUT .... The pre shading is over the top. Too early a model. Wrong markings and far too expensive.

And at my age do I need a Whirlwind romance???

Dick

Mr. Grumpy old git.

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

Hilarious - they seem to have turned the fan up half way through the video - maybe they were trying to get the props to spin? Towards the end she moves to gritted teeth mode ... "look, I know you said I'd be modelling a Whirlwind, but ,,,,"

Cheers

Colin

Perhaps with that fan going full pelt and the retakes, she was getting cold/tired/fed up/bored or all four. Given that model companies are not renowned for being hugely profitable was she someone's relative or significant other? Why a woman, they could have got Putin to come along and take his shirt off. 

It will probably end up on one a cheapo TV shows where some actor whose career is on the slide does voice over to go with some 'funny' adverts. 

Wouldn't surprise me if she's working in the office staff department. 

SH had an earlier publicity shot with another colleague. 

• Like 1

Strange video, but a pretty girl and a Whirlwind are two two of my favourite things so carry on SH, 1/32 Defiant next and two girls ?

Cheers

Dennis

• Like 1
  • Haha 3