H-B W. 29 Questions

Bob C.

I am doing Christiansen's 2512, mainly from the MPM 1/72 kit. The Wingnut Wings instructions offer horizontal tailplane variations of the prototype and 3 others : Early production; Modified/early prod variation; and Later prod. Is there any certainty which 2512 had?  Yes, theoretically, you should be able to tell from the serial #, but I think I read somewhere in references that some aircraft were updated with new horiz tailplanes (?)

Second question, I think I know, but just to be certain: Windsock Datafile #55 describes the forward under-fuselage aperture as an "Inspection door", the Wingnut Wings parts diagram has this as a clear piece. It is a clear window, as opposed to a metal covering over the opening, yes?
Thanks for any help,
Bob C

On page 21 of this book, a photo of a Christensen's W. 29 is shown and the caption reads as follows; This W. 29 appears to be 2512 from what can be discerned of the Marine Number. Christensen is in the cockpit and it bears his personal insignia and early production tail plane. The observer has a Parabellum 14/17 light machine gun with an Oigee telescopic sight mounted in the production style cockpit with gun ring.

https://www.amazon.com/Hansa-Brandenburg-Aircraft-WWI-Monoplane-Seaplanes/dp/1935881337/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=centennial+perspective+on+great+war+airplane+hansa+brandenburg&qid=1625759168&s=books&sr=1-2&asin=1935881337&revisionId=&format=4&depth=1

Furthermore, on page 55, there is a close up photo of the nose with a caption as follows: Close-up of the nose of an H.M. 1 showing the installation of the synchronised Vickers gun. Note the Cellon panel in the floor of the pilot's cockpit hanging open.

Hope this will help.

Jun in Tokyo

https://www.flickr.com/photos/horaburo/albums

• 2 weeks later...

Jun,

You are brilliant!!

I asked this question on other forums, with no results, and had given up -- that's why I hadn't checked back here all this time. 

I even found that I have this book, and am off to closely scrutinize the pages you quoted.  

Can't thank you enough!

Best wishes, 

Bob C

• Like 1