FV432 (Takom 1/72 scale)

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

I've recently gotten into 1/72 scale armor and started off with Takom's double boxing of the FV432 and Chieftain Mk.V. Out of those two, I decided to start with the diminutive FV432, which was an interesting build and painting challenge. The kit itself was so-so, more complex than it had to be in some areas but with a high level of detail. I painted it using AK Real Colors NATO Green and NATO Black, slightly modulating the base colors, and then weathered using Ammo enamels and Oilbrushers using a reference photo of one of these vehicles on maneuvers that was covered in mud and dirt. I have a bunch of other 1/72 armor in the works as well, so this is just the begining!

Comments and criticism welcomed as always!

• Like 58
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Superb,  as usual!

Relatively restrained weathering really shows off the detail, looks ready to hit Salisbury plain!

As for 1/72......sure it's not 1/35 but held with a massive hand? :giggle:

Great work

Darryl 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Jasper dog said:

Superb,  as usual!

Relatively restrained weathering really shows off the detail, looks ready to hit Salisbury plain!

As for 1/72......sure it's not 1/35 but held with a massive hand? :giggle:

Great work

Darryl 

spacer.png

• Haha 2

• 1 year later...

I was looking at getting one of these in the 1/35 scale but seeing yours I think I'll grab a 1/72 pack to start.

I have many memories of driving, maintaining and repairing mine over the years at my first unit.  Absolutely brilliant to look over this model and see how many details they have included.  Looking at yours I found myself going "ah, that bloody hatch.  Oh, those latches were a nightmare!  Ah, the heat off those louvres in the snow!"

Excellent work my friend!

• Like 2