Me262 A-1a Red 7

5Z2pYAp.jpeg

Hello all, i hope you have been keeping safe.

I decided to do another one of Trumpeters Me262 A-1a's knowing that some of the issues could be fixed. As many are probably aware the weapons hatches on the front are pretty poor in shape and form, so this was addressed and hopefully look pretty decent this time. 

EagelCal decals were used for this aircraft plus Quickboost seat and Brassin wheels.

Paints used were C117, C121,C122 all from Gunze.

As ever, please feel free to comment on the build even if you think there could be improvement's

dqwNRd9.jpeg

dE6AXvY.jpeg

gnzGsoM.jpeg

d3HsaIR.jpeg

aeJmMvT.jpeg

eWvTo4X.jpeg

sNMKdQN.jpeg

FJJ1Uhl.jpeg

Cvbq6n9.jpeg

grFTNwF.jpeg

boiiW0q.jpeg

Thanks for looking, keep safe folks!

• Like 59

A superior Schwalbe. In fact, I had to look several times at the first b&w photo to convince myself that it wasn't a reference picture. If you had focus stacked the background… 😉

I don't agree with blueYeti that the Me 262 was an 'ugly plane'. On the contrary, I find its sweeping lines quite beautiful.

Splendid modelling!

Kind regards,

Joachim

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Spitfire31 said:

I find its sweeping lines quite beautiful.

Me too, very sharklike....!!

That's a beautiful model David, really nicely built with a cracking paint job!

I was taken in by that first photo for a while too.....!! :)

Keith

• Like 1

Dave that is spectacular! That first photo is very convincingly realistic. I love the look of the seat harness and weathering around the cockpit sills. The overall finish is flawless, beautifully shaded and weathered.

Whats the long item that hangs down aft of the RH MLG

Beautiful work. 

Grae

• Like 1

On 7/4/2021 at 8:52 PM, blueYeti said:

1st class job, excellent ! 👍 Nice photos < ugly  plane.

Thank you Yeti, I'm surprised you think its an ugly looking aircraft but beauty is in the eye of the beholder isnt it.

On 7/4/2021 at 10:54 PM, Spitfire31 said:

A superior Schwalbe. In fact, I had to look several times at the first b&w photo to convince myself that it wasn't a reference picture. If you had focus stacked the background… 😉

I don't agree with blueYeti that the Me 262 was an 'ugly plane'. On the contrary, I find its sweeping lines quite beautiful.

Splendid modelling!

Kind regards,

Joachim

I do try to avoid doing any photo enhancing in case people complain, but how about this one for looking realistic?! 😉

0q4D8ks.jpeg

14 hours ago, eng said:

Dave that is spectacular! That first photo is very convincingly realistic. I love the look of the seat harness and weathering around the cockpit sills. The overall finish is flawless, beautifully shaded and weathered.

Whats the long item that hangs down aft of the RH MLG

Beautiful work. 

Grae

Thanks Grae, the hanging antenna is the FuG 16ZY Morane Antenna. The Morane antenna and the wire antenna were part of the send-receive part of the radio that included integration of the 'Y' control system. The Morane antenna was the transmission antenna and the wire antenna was the receiver antenna and found on many German WW2 aircraft. 

Dave

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

To this beholder, that shark-like fuselage, and those elegant engine pods slung gracefully beneath wings, along with the gently swept wings all combine to create a beautiful aircraft.    :D

Dave, the last photo posted is just wonderfully realistic; very nice effect, looks like an archived original!  :clap2:

• Like 1

Beautifully done. The mottling looks brilliant.

I'm aware of all the 'eye of the beholder' stuff but how anyone could look at a 262 and think 'ugly' makes my head spin 🤯

On 7/6/2021 at 9:53 PM, blueYeti said:

Wow , plane on last one pictures looking good, mate.
I change mind 🙂😜.

Next will be Gloster Meteor ?

No, not this time but on the bench are two Fw190 A-8's of the Hasegawa variety. 

Very nice work David. Thanks for taking the time to photograph your model so well, and the vintage “prints” are a nice bonus. I am impressed with how integrated the decals look, they look so good I thought you had painted the markings yourself. Keep up the good work.

23 hours ago, ScaleModelHobbyist said:

Very nice work David. Thanks for taking the time to photograph your model so well, and the vintage “prints” are a nice bonus. I am impressed with how integrated the decals look, they look so good I thought you had painted the markings yourself. Keep up the good work.

Thank you for your comment and getting the decals to look real isnt as hard as it seems, just a bit of faffing about.

I always gloss before decalling, i did try doing it without the glossing step but always hit issues so i returned to basics. Then lay the decals down and leave to dry, then add another layer of gloss onto and very lightly sand the decal area, keep doing this until the aircraft and decal layer is the same........then finish with the varnish of choice. Hope that helps.

• Like 2

as per the other comments - superlative! IIRC 'red 7' is Franz Gapp's machine? He did a lot of Transall test/development flying post-war, difficult to imagine !

• Like 1